Make the ultimate Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe with Bacon! If you’ve ever wondered how to make deviled eggs, this easy recipe is a must try. Every creamy bite of these keto deviled eggs is filled with mustard, fresh dill and crispy bacon! They are the perfect easy appetizer!
Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe with Bacon
Can I tell you a secret? I’ve actually never made deviled eggs before. (gasp!) Don’t get me wrong. I’ve eaten my fair share growing up at parties my parents had or holiday events, but I’ve never actually made one. I guess I kinda put them in the same category as twice baked potatoes … aka they were too much work.
Well, I was sorely mistaken. They are super easy to make, as in they are done in like 30 minutes!
Because it was my maiden voyage on deviled eggs, I wanted to keep it simple with a classic version and then add a slight twist with crunchy bacon. After all, bacon makes everything better, right!?
What Are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are the same thing as russian eggs or stuffed eggs. Basically, they are eggs that have been hard-boiled, peeled, cut in half and then stuffed with a mixture of the cooked yolks mixed together with mayonnaise, mustard and sometimes relish. They are a classic at holiday parties or summer festivities.
What Goes in Deviled Eggs?
- Egg – This one is kinda a given because it’s the base ingredient.
- Mayonnaise – A classic ingredient that helps create the creamy yolk filling.
- Mustard – The tang from the mustard goes perfectly with eggs.
- Paprika – A smoky red pepper powder that adds a nice touch to flavor the egg mixture or just to garnish on top.
- Vinegar or Relish – This is an optional ingredient, some people use vinegar or pickle relish to give the filling another tangy acidic kick.
What Can I Use Instead of Mayo?
I know, not everyone likes mayonnaise. So if you are in that chosen few! A couple ingredients that you could use to substitute the mayo are: hummus, sour cream, greek yogurt or even mashed avocado!
How to Make Deviled Eggs with Bacon
- Hard-boil your Eggs: Fill a large saucepan with 12 eggs and just barely cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil. Let eggs boil for 14 minutes. Immediately add eggs to an ice bath for 10 minutes then peel.
- Make Yolk Mixture: Gently slice in the eggs in half and put egg yolks in a small bowl along with mayonnaise, mustard, fresh dill and salt. Using a fork mash the yolks together with other ingredients until it’s smooth. Then fold in half the bacon crumbles and set aside.
- Assemble & Garnish: Spoon or pipe your yolk mixture into prepped egg white halves. Arrange egg white on a serving tray and top with more crumbled bacon, chives and a dash of smoked paprika.
Can These Be Made Ahead?
Yes, you definitely can! In fact, you can make them up to 2 days ahead of time. The key is to keep the whites and creamy yolk filling separate. To prep, wrap the egg white halves with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. Then keep the egg yolk mixture in a resealable plastic bag with all the air squeezed out. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Then pipe or scoop yolk mixture into egg white shells and garnish.
The key to making sure your deviled eggs don’t get watery, is to not be heavy handed with the mayo. Mayo, greek yogurt or sour cream can cause your yolk mixture to get runny and watery. So even though you might think you need more condiments, put the sauce down and trust me! Just mash it up a little bit more to make it really smooth before you add more condiments. The filling for this deviled eggs recipe is perfect the way it is. And I guarantee you’ll love the salty bacon and the fresh lemony dill in every bite!
Bon Appetit friends!
What Goes with Deviled Eggs?
- Lightened up Broccoli Salad
- Summer Citrus Avocado Salad
- The Best Marinated Steak Kabobs
- Patriotic Potato Salad with Herb Dressing
How to make the ultimate Classic Deviled Eggs Recipe with Bacon. Every creamy bite of these keto deviled eggs is filled with mustard, fresh dill and crispy bacon!
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
- smoked paprika for garnish
- Fill a large saucepan with 12 eggs and just barely cover them with water.
- Bring water to a boil and let eggs boil in water for 14 minutes.
- In the meantime, create a large ice bath and once eggs are done boiling immediately transfer them to the ice bath to stop the cooking process. Let eggs sit in ice bath for 10 minutes and then peel.
- Once eggs are peeled, gently slice in half and put egg yolks in a small bowl along with mayonnaise, mustard, fresh dill and salt. Using a fork gently mash the yolks and mix everything together until it’s smooth. Then fold in half the bacon crumbles and set aside.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves and arrange on a serving tray. Top with more crumbled bacon, chives and a dash of smoked paprika.
- Serving Size: 1 deviled egg
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 84 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg
Keywords: how to make deviled eggs, deviled eggs, deviled eggs recipe, deviled eggs with bacon, deviled eggs best recipe, keto deviled eggs, low carb deviled eggs, bacon deviled eggs