A game day appetizer everyone will be fighting over! Tender Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin Bites charred on the grill and served with a homemade creamy horseradish sauce! OMG!
Surprisingly enough, Steak is not the main protein we eat in our house. To be honest, I’m not sure why? We live in Texas, Steak is like the national food down here!!!!
We didn’t eat much of it growing up so I guess that just carried into my adulthood. But today I am changing that!
Today to celebrate NFL season and all things tailgating we are grilling up Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin Bites. WHAT!?! But we aren’t stopping there, oh no, that would be way to easy, we are making a Creamy Horseradish Sauce to dip them in!
These Tenderloin Bites are not just your run of the mill chopped top sirloin. These Tenderloin Bites are 1 inch chunks from a tender Filet Mignon!! That’s right, go big or go home! Then wrapped in Omaha’s Applewood Smoked Steak Cut Bacon!
When putting these bites together, use wooden toothpicks or wooden skewers that have been soaked for at least 15 minutes or you’re going to have a fire on your hands. Once the bites are on the grill be sure to have a direct heat side of the grill and an indirect side. After the first few minutes of grilling, that bacon grease (as divine as it is) is going to start dripping into your grill and cause flare ups. Just move the bites to the indirect heat side and you’ll be good to go.
Sometimes I wish you could smell through the screen. Because if you could smell these bites you’d be in heaven!
These bites are seriously are no joke! It is man tailgate food to the core. Tender Filet Mignon Steak, Smoked Bacon, and then a delicious sauce to go with. What more could you ask for! Pure delicious bliss right here! I hope you give them a try, I know you won’t be disappointed!
Bon Appetite my friends.
- Serves: 27-30 tenderloin pieces
- Serving size: 2-3 pieces
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 191 mg
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
- 9 strips Omaha Bacon
- 27-30 beef tenderloin pieces
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- ½ teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 375 degrees)
- Soak small wood skewers or wooden toothpicks in water for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix, greek yogurt, prepared horseradish, minced shallots, mustard, garlic clove, honey, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- To a small bowl add, beef tenderloin pieces. Season with 1 teaspoon of sea salt, toss to coat.
- Wrap each tenderloin piece with a small strip of Omaha Bacon, place a toothpick through the bacon and tenderloin to hold in place. (on some you may have to use two toothpicks)
- Spray grill with cooking spray or rub down grill grates with a olive oil soaked rag.
- Place Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin Bites on direct heat, grill for 2-3 minutes per side. If flare ups occur, move to indirect heat.
- Remove from grill when bacon is crispy. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Creamy Horseradish Dipping Sauce.
I partner with Omaha Steaks each month to produce one rock star recipe. This month I used their beef tenderloin bites and applewood smoked bacon. I was compensated for my time and received the products for free. Thank you for letting me work with brands that I love!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!