Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders made in less than 30 minutes with only 5 ingredients! These buffalo chicken sliders are easy to prep, filled with buffalo flavor and baked until they are golden on top and gooey from the cheese. A great party appetizer for game day!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Ok, so… as promised these Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sliders are finally here and just in time for football season!
Can I tell you a secret?
I haven’t always been a fan of “buffalo wing” flavors. But over the years I’ve made buffalo flavored things for my husband because he DOES love it and now I’ve come to love it too. These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are no exception and now Sunday Night Football just isn’t the same without something buffalo wing inspired!
Ingredients you’ll need for these Buffalo Chicken Sliders:
- Hawaiian Rolls: I’ve found that Hawaiian Brand is the best for these sliders. They come in a pack of 12 and fit in a 13″x9″ pan perfectly.
- Chicken: I like to use the white meat from a store bought Rotisserie Chicken as a short cut. However, if you have chicken breast at home, you could use that and then shred it.
- Buffalo Sauce: My favorite brand of buffalo sauce to use is Frank’s Red Hot. I use the original version, not the buffalo sauce version.
- Mozzarella Cheese: The shredded cheese adds an extra element of comfort food and helps the bottom bread from getting soggy.
- Butter: A light brush of melted butter on top of these sliders helps them turn golden brown.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders?
- Prep Your Oven: Turn oven on to 375°F. Spray a 9″x13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Create Buffalo Chicken Mixture: To a medium bowl add shredded rotisserie chicken and franks red hot sauce, mix together until chicken is completely coated.
- Prepare Sliders: Cut the entire loaf of Hawaiian Rolls in half. I like to lightly place my hand on top, and using a serrated bread knife I cut right through the middle. This will give you a top half and bottom half. Add the bottom half of 12 slider buns to the baking dish. Top each slider bottom with 1 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella cheese. Then add a handful (about 2-3 tablespoons) of the buffalo chicken mixture to each slider bun. Place the tops on each slider bun.
- Make them Golden: Brush the top of the sliders with melted butter.
- Bake Them: Place them in the prepared oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top of buns are toasted. Remove from oven. Garnish the top of the buns with diced fresh cilantro.Optional: drizzle with ranch dressing
How do I keep sliders from getting soggy?
The best way to keep your sliders from getting soggy is to add a layer of cheese before you add the meat. This will give your bottom bun a protective layer from the meat and prevent it from getting soggy. Another tip for this buffalo chicken sliders is to make them right before you’re about to serve them. Fresh is best!
Can I make sliders ahead of time?
I would not recommend making these buffalo chicken sliders ahead of time. That being said, you CAN make the Buffalo Chicken mixture ahead of time. This will help the process be faster on the day of your event. Essentially all you’ll be doing is assembling and baking. Easy Peasy!
What I love about these Sliders is how easy they are to make. You literally only need 5 ingredients to make them!!!
They are ready to be devoured. And believe me, they WILL be devoured! I doubled these and they were gone, so this time I’m tripling the recipe! I even make a BBQ Chicken version so that I have a kid friendly slider.
Bon Appetit friends!
What goes with Buffalo Chicken Sliders?
- CrockPot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Sticky ‘n Sweet Chili Lime Baked Chicken Wings
- The Ultimate Cheesy Sheet Pan Steak Nachos
- Honey Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings
- Healthy Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sliders are made in less than 30 minutes with only 5 ingredients! These easy sandwiches are insanely good.
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup franks red hot original sauce
- 12 whole wheat slider buns
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Drizzle each slider with ranch dressing
- garnish with diced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9″x13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- To a medium bowl add shredded rotisserie chicken and franks red hot sauce, mix together until chicken is completely coated in buffalo sauce. Set aside.
- Add the bottom of 12 slider buns to the baking dish.
- Top each slider bottom with 1 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Then add a handful (about 2-3 tablespoons) of the buffalo chicken mixture to each slider bun.
- Place the tops on each slider bun.
- Brush each top with butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and top of buns are toasted.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish the top of the buns with diced fresh cilantro.
- Optional: drizzle with ranch dressing
- Serving Size: 1 slider
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 58 mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken sliders, chicken sliders recipe, chicken sliders, easy sliders, baked buffalo chicken sliders, easy appetizer recipe, easy appetizer party, easy appetizer for a crowd, buffalo chicken recipe, chicken appetizer