This Classic Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings recipe is perfect for game day! Easy chicken wings made in the oven and tossed with a zesty buffalo sauce. You can truly never eat enough buffalo wings!
Classic Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings
Beer and wings, wings and beer. They just go together. Right? Kinda like wings and game day.
Those two are basically inseparable. After all, Buffalo Wild Wings made a restaurant solely based on the concept of wings and sports!
I have to admit for the longest time I was a lazy wing eater. What do I mean by that? I liked to order boneless wings whenever we went to places .. aka the chicken tenders because I didn’t want to eat around the bone. But my husband has officially converted me to regular wings and hot buffalo sauce ones at that.
I’m usually a garlic parmesan, honey bbq, or teriyaki sauce kinda girl but we went to Houlihan’s in Dallas a couple of weeks ago and Mike ordered buffalo wings and OMG I fell in love. I don’t know if it was the sauce or if I was just starving … but I NEEDED to make these wings at home.
After all buffalo wings they are classic and the original wing after which all other wings are based off of right?
Are Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings Healthier?
So today, we are making Classic Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings. No frying going on over in this casa peeps!
But you know what?
You won’t miss the frying because baking these wings still gives the wings the same crunch and crispiness on the outside.
The crispy exterior and the coconut oil added to the buffalo sauce helps the sauce stick to the wings and stay on there! No more sauceless wings!
Chicken Wings Are the Ultimate Super Bowl Food
I don’t know about you but as the Super Bowl game is approaching I’m thinking about what I’m gonna make for our party. We are having our 5th annual super bowl party this year and now that I’m a food blogger the pressure is on and people come with expectations. Expectations of good food so there’s no room to disappoint.
Well, these Buffalo Wings will definitely do the trick! They are absolutely amazing, sticky, spicy, crispy and all kinds of yummy!
Classic Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings are the perfect game day recipe. Easy lighter chicken wings made in the oven and tossed with a zesty buffalo sauce! You can truly never eat enough buffalo wings!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 oz. of buffalo sauce of your choice (I use Frank’s Original or Frank’s Buffalo
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl add smoked paprika, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder and cinnamon.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Sprinkle with spice blend and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add in buffalo sauce and coconut oil, stir until coconut oil is melted and sauce is warm, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the Buffalo sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
Keywords: buffalo chicken wings, baked chicken wings, chicken wings recipe, buffalo chicken, easy buffalo chicken, how to bake chicken wings
More Chicken Recipes