Classic Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings, every one needs to have a classic wing recipe in their back pocket when it comes to Game Day!
Beer and wings, wings and beer. They just go together. Right? Kinda like wings and game day.
Those two are basically inseparable. After all, Buffalo Wild Wings made a restaurant solely based on the concept of wings and sports!
I have to admit for the longest time I was a lazy wing eater. What do I mean by that? I liked to order boneless wings whenever we went to places .. aka the chicken tenders because I didn’t want to eat around the bone. But my husband has officially converted me to regular wings and hot buffalo sauce ones at that.
I’m usually a garlic parmesan, honey bbq, or teriyaki sauce kinda girl but we went to Houlihan’s in Dallas a couple of weeks ago and Mike ordered buffalo wings and OMG I fell in love. I don’t know if it was the sauce or if I was just starving … but I NEEDED to make these wings at home.
After all buffalo wings they are classic and the original wing after which all other wings are based off of right?
So today, we are making Classic Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings. No frying going on over in this casa peeps!
But you know what?
You won’t miss the frying because baking these wings still gives the wings the same crunch and crispiness on the outside.
The crispy exterior and the coconut oil added to the buffalo sauce helps the sauce stick to the wings and stay on there! No more sauceless wings!
I don’t know about you but as the Super Bowl game is approaching I’m thinking about what I’m gonna make for our party. We are having our 5th annual super bowl party this year and now that I’m a food blogger the pressure is on and people come with expectations. Expectations of good food so there’s no room to disappoint.
Well, these Buffalo Wings will definitely do the trick! They are absolutely amazing, sticky, spicy, crispy and all kinds of yummy!Print
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs. of chicken wings (drumettes and wings)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 12 oz. of buffalo sauce of your choice (I use Frank’s Original or Frank’s Buffalo)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat chicken wings dry and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix paprika, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, and ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over chicken wings and then add canola oil, toss to coat all the wings.
- Add a wire rack to a baking sheet and evenly spread chicken wings out on wire rack.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, flip the chicken wings and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a small pot to medium high heat. Add in buffalo sauce and coconut oil, stir until coconut oil is melted and sauce is warm, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken wings to a large bowl with the buffalo sauce, toss the chicken wings around with the sauce until all the wings are covered.
- Serve with a side of ranch dressing.