Classic Buffalo Baked Chicken Wings are the perfect game day recipe. Easy lighter chicken wings made in the oven and tossed with a zesty buffalo sauce! You can truly never eat enough buffalo wings!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 oz. of buffalo sauce of your choice (I use Frank’s Original or Frank’s Buffalo
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl add smoked paprika, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder and cinnamon.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Sprinkle with spice blend and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add in buffalo sauce and coconut oil, stir until coconut oil is melted and sauce is warm, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the Buffalo sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
Keywords: buffalo chicken wings, baked chicken wings, chicken wings recipe, buffalo chicken, easy buffalo chicken, how to bake chicken wings