These Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings will be the life of the party! Easy chicken wings are baked instead of fried for a healthier options then tossed in a mouthwatering garlic parmesan sauce! Still crispy and delicious as ever! The perfect party appetizer or game day recipe!
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
So, have a secret to tell you.
Well … maybe it’s not a secret because I have told you once or twice before on here. The secret is, I kinda have a love affair with chicken wings.
Wings and beer to be exact. Maybe that’s part of the reason my husband married me? A girl who likes beer, wings, and football! Yup, kind of a rare jewel. haha. Just like these Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings!
Usually when Mike and I get wings for dinner we call out and pick it up. But after trying to replicate my favorite wings from Wings & More, I have to say that these may just be the BEST Wings I’ve made so far! And I’ve made quite a few, including these Asian Wings with Hoisin Glaze.
Why You’ll Love These Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Easy. You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these chicken wings. Plus no need to mess with hot oil since these they are cooked in the oven!
- Crispy. These chicken wings are perfectly crispy on the outside, yet tender and juicy on the inside.
- Tasty. Once the wings are cooked to perfection they’re smothered in an irresistible garlic Parmesan sauce. The combo is unbelievably delicious!
- Healthy. Because these wings are baked instead of fried they are much healthier than traditional wings.
What You’ll Need
Here’s a quick look at what you’ll need to make this garlic Parmesan chicken wings recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for specific amounts.
- Chicken – Use a mixture of wings and drumettes
- Oil – You’ll need a bit of canola oil plus some olive oil. You can just use olive oil if you prefer.
- Sea salt – Kosher salt also works.
- Black pepper
- Unsalted butter
- Garlic cloves – Minced
- Parmesan cheese – Grated.
- Spices – Smoked paprika and red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper – To taste
Why isn’t there baking powder in this recipe?
Some people coat their chicken wings with baking powder. Baking powder will change the alkaline levels and make the skin browner, but honestly you don’t need it. Just change the oven over to broiler and crisp that skin up naturally. No need to add extra ingredients that aren’t needed.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Are you ready to make the best wings ever? Here’s how to do it:
- Prepare Chicken: Pat chicken dry and season with oil, salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Bake Chicken Wings: Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes at 400°F, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- Broil: Turn the Broiler on to HIGH. Place wings under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce: Add butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the saucepan once butter is melted add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes.
- Toss Wings: Remove chicken from oven and place in a large bowl. Pour sauce over wings and toss to coat.
- Garnish: Top the wings with an additional 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and chopped chives for garnish.
Tips for Success
- Don’t pre-wash your chicken wings. Just take them out of the package and pat them dry!
- Don’t use too much oil. Add just 1-2 tablespoons of oil and toss to coat your chicken wings. You don’t want to drench them with oil, just enough to coat so that the seasoning sticks to the chicken. The oil will also help crisp up the skin later.
- Use a baking rack. This allows the fat to drip down so that the skin gets nice and crispy. I like to put tin foil underneath the baking rack for easy cleanup later.
- Broil the chicken. After done baking place the chicken wings under the Broiler on HIGH this will give you the brown crispy skin that is comparable to fried chicken wings, but way healthier.
Recommended Tools: (some of these links are affiliate links)
These are the products I personally use when making this recipe:
- Non-Stick Baking Sheet – Baking sheets are a must for this recipe but make sure to cover them with parchment paper too so you don’t end up with a mess!
- Stainless Steel Wire Rack – Using the wire rack helps make sure the chicken cooks on both sides instead of sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Small Sauce Pan
Wondering what to serve with these chicken wings? I personally love serving a variety of different wing flavors at once and just going all-in with an epic chicken wing party! A side of buffalo chicken meatballs also would not be out of place. Here are my suggestions:
- Crispy Baked Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Tangy Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
How to Store and Reheat Extras
- Fridge: Allow the cooked chicken wings to cool down at room temperature for no more than 2 hours after cooking. Place the wings in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Store extra sauce separately in an airtight container. Everything can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- To reheat: When you’re ready to enjoy the leftover wings, you can reheat them in an oven, toaster oven, or microwave until they are heated through (to an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C) and crispy. For best results, use an oven or toaster oven to help maintain their crispiness.
These garlic Parmesan wings are absolutely perfect for your next party and definitely a MUST for Game Day! Either way these need to be on your table because they are going to be a party FAVORITE! There’s no shame in your “finger licking” game after trying these … in fact … it’s strongly encouraged!
Bon Appetit friends!Print
CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS – baked instead of fried but they are still as crispy and delicious as ever! The perfect party appetizer or game day treat!
- 3 lbs. of chicken (mixture of wings and drumettes)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with canola oil, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Melt the butter down.
- Once butter is melted add the garlic to the pan. Let cook in the liquid for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Next add in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
- Serve. Top the wings with an additional 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Optional: add chopped chives for garnish.
Keywords: garlic parmesan chicken wings, garlic parmesan wings, garlic parm wings