These Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings will be the life of the party! Easy chicken wings are baked instead of fried for a healthier options then tossed in a mouthwatering garlic parmesan sauce! Still crispy and delicious as ever! The perfect party appetizer or game day recipe!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
So, have a secret to tell you.
Well … maybe it’s not a secret because I have told you once or twice before on here. The secret is, I kinda have a love affair with Chicken Wings.
Wings and Beer to be exact. Maybe that’s part of the reason my husband married me? A girl who likes Beer, Wings, and Football! Yup, kind of a rare jewel. haha. Just like these Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings!
Usually when Mike and I get wings for dinner we call out and pick it up. But after trying to replicate my favorite wings from Wings & More, I have to say that these may just be the BEST Wings I’ve made so far! And I’ve made quite a few, including an Asian Wing with a Raspberry Hoisin Glaze.
How to make Crispy oven Baked Wings?
It honestly doesn’t take much to master crispy wings! Just 4 EASY steps.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- Season with oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 400°F, flipping halfway through.
- Place under broiler for 8-10 minutes until wings are golden brown and crispy!
What does baking powder do to chicken?
Some people coat their chicken wings with baking powder. Baking powder will change the alkaline levels and make the skin browner, but honestly I don’t need it. Just change the oven over to broiler and crisp that skin up naturally. No need to add extra ingredients that aren’t needed.
Tips for making the Best Crispy Baked Chicken Wings:
- Don’t prewash you chicken wings. Just take them out of the package and pat them dry!
- Add just 1-2 tablespoons of oil and toss to coat your chicken wings. You don’t want to drench them with oil, just enough to coat so that the seasoning sticks to the chicken. The oil will also help crisp up the skin later.
- Use a baking rack. This allows the fat to drip down so that the skin gets nice and crispy. I like to put tin foil underneath the baking rack for easy cleanup later.
- After done baking place the chicken wings under the Broiler on HIGH this will give you the brown crispy skin that is comparable to fried chicken wings, but way healthier.
What is garlic parmesan sauce made out of?
There are a couple of ways to make garlic parmesan sauce. But the main ingredients are garlic, butter and parmesan cheese. If you want a “creamy” version you would add milk and flour to thicken it up. This recipe uses butter, garlic, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
How many carbs are in Chicken Wings?
One chicken wing with the skin on has 0 grams of carbohydrates. So, if you are a on keto diet this is perfect, low carb high fat!
How to make the Best Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings?
- Prepare Chicken: Pat chicken dry and season with oil, salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Bake Chicken Wings: Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes at 400°F, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- Broil Chicken: Turn the Broiler on to HIGH. Place wings under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce: Add butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the saucepan once butter is melted add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes.
- Toss Wings: Remove chicken from oven and place in a large bowl. Pour sauce over wings and toss to coat.
- Garnish: Top the wings with an additional 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and chopped chives for garnish.
But the best part of these Wings is the sauce! It’s light, easy to make, filled with garlic flavor and coats these crispy wings perfectly! Believe me you will for sure be in Chicken Wing heaven with these bad boys in your hands.
They are absolutely perfect for your next party and definitely a MUST for Game Day! Either way these need to be on your table because they are going to be a party FAVORITE! There’s no shame in your “finger licking” game after trying these … in fact … it’s strongly encouraged!
Bon Appetit friends!
What to serve with Chicken Wings?
- Crispy Baked Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Tangy Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
ITEMS I USED TO CREATE THIS RECIPE: (some of these links are affiliate links)
- NonStick Baking Sheet – baking sheets are a must for this recipe but make sure to cover them with parchment paper too so you don’t end up with a mess!
- Stainless Steel Wire Rack – using the wire rack helps make sure the chicken cooks on both sides instead of sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Small Sauce Pan
CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS – baked instead of fried but they are still as crispy and delicious as ever! The perfect party appetizer or game day treat!
- 3 lbs. of chicken (mixture of wings and drumettes)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with canola oil, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Melt the butter down.
- Once butter is melted add the garlic to the pan. Let cook in the liquid for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Next add in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
- Serve. Top the wings with an additional 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Optional: add chopped chives for garnish.
Keywords: garlic parmesan chicken wings, garlic parmesan wings, how to make baked chicken wings, baked chicken wings healthy, baked chicken wings crispy, baked chicken wings recipe, baked chicken wings how long, garlic parmesan sauce, baked chicken wings in oven, garlic parmesan chicken, garlic parmesan chicken recipe