These Epic Loaded Sheet Pan Steak Nachos are an easy dinner idea or game day appetizer! If you’ve ever wondered how to make nachos, this filling nacho recipe is guaranteed to hit the spot!
Wondering what to serve with nachos? How about a homemade margarita and a side of the best guacamole?
The Ultimate Loaded Nachos Recipe
As you know by now I’m a sports fanatic and football lover. We spend most of the day on Sunday camped out watching the football games that are on. I grew up that way. Sunday was first church then football – and honestly, we still do that now. Cason loves it!
Did I tell you that Cason now has his own fantasy football team too! It’s seriously the cutest. Sunday morning we have to remind him, “hey buddy we need to set your lineup.” Although truth be told, he’s the one reminding us. After we get back from church he sits on the couch with Mike, ipad in hand (which is where he can see his lineup) watching the games and seeing how “his players” are doing. I absolutely love it! He did the same thing when the world cup was on.
Loaded Nachos = Game Day Food
Most days we try to eat healthy for game day. I’ll make my baked garlic parmesan chicken wings, a big pot of chili or my buffalo chicken quinoa bowls. But sometimes we just gotta cave and indulge on that game day food. After all, what is life without a cheat day. Right?
These loaded nachos are BIG, BOLD, CHEESY and totally the epitome of game day food! They’re made with layers of cheese, steak, veggies and a drizzle of cilantro lime crema. In a word, they’re addictive!
I mean, these nachos literally have layers upon layers of deliciousness! When you pull one chip away and it’s followed by a string of melted cheese you know it’s gonna be good.
How to Make Loaded Nachos
What makes these nachos epic are the layers. You want each tortilla chip to have cheesy goodness and toppings so you get the perfect nacho bite! Here’s how to make the nacho layers:
- The first layer is tin foil. Although it’s not food, it’s equally as important as food because it saves you on the cleanup side of things. You’re welcome. Make sure to spray it with cooking spray so your nachos don’t stick to the pan.
- Now we start the good stuff. Chips. You can make your own if you’re an over achiever, but I just bought my favorite brand. (Central Market Red Quinoa & Flaxseed Tortilla Chips, they are the bomb)
- A thin layer of cheese. This is important because it binds your toppings to the chips.
- Your favorite toppings. I did black beans, corn, red onions and of course steak. After all, these ARE steak nachos!
- Next comes ANOTHER LAYER of cheese. Load it on this time. This is the cover to seal in all that deliciousness.
- The FINAL layer goes on after the nachos come out of the oven. I like to top mine with a fresh pico or tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, fresh cilantro and this time I made a quick cilantro lime crema (which took the place of sour cream) Make sure you have everything ready and chopped so that as soon as the nachos are done you can garnish them and devour them. You want that cheese nice and gooey when you eat it!
What Makes this Nacho Recipe So Good?
It’s all about the layers and these layers are going to blow your mind! Trust me! I’ve made these steak nachos two times in 3 weeks, which for me is a lot because I’m always making new recipes.
I’m obsessed and so are my boys. We’ve had them as a fun change up for dinner or you can make them as an appetizer for your next game day party.
Let’s just say you can’t go wrong with steak, melted cheese and avocado!
You’re gonna love it. Trust me!
Bon Appetit friends!
Cheesy Sheet Pan Steak Nachos Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
The Ultimate Cheesy Sheet Pan Steak Nachos with layers of cheese, steak, veggies and a drizzle of cilantro lime crema. These epic nachos make the perfect fun weeknight dinner or game day appetizer!
- 30–40 tortilla chips
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 1 lb. flank steak
- salt & pepper to season
- 1/2 cup low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup no salt no sugar sweet corn (I used corn from can)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
Cilantro Lime Crema:
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- To make the Cilantro Lime Crema, add the following to a small food processor greek yogurt, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro and lime juice. Blend until the cilantro is finely chopped and smooth. Set aside.
- Season both sides of flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil to the pan and add seasoned flank steak to the pan. Sear each side for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and place on cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice steak into small cubes.
- Next, line a baking sheet with tin foil. Spray tin foil with cooking spray.
- Spread tortilla chips out on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese to the tortillas. Then add black beans, corn, red onion and cubed flank steak.
- Add remaining cheese to the top.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Until cheese is melted and tortilla chips are slightly browned.
- Remove nachos from the oven and top with sliced jalapeno, roma tomato, avocado and drizzle with cilantro lime crema.
Keywords: steak nachos, game day food, party food, how to make nachos, best nachos, homemade nachos, loaded nachos,
Want More Easy Appetizer Recipes?
Honey Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings
Caprese Chicken Skewers with Balsamic Glaze
I have made this absolutely delicious recipe probably 8 times.! This week my daughter requested this for dinner. My mom and sister happened to be over and they loved it also. Thank you- Krista!
Can you ever go wrong with Nachos! The perfect sharable meal!
Can you ever go wrong with nachos! So glad everyone enjoyed it!
Do you have the Macros for theses? I’d love to make them.
I don’t. This one is harder to calculate because I don’t know what brand of chips you’re using, the salt content, etc.
Look at all of that cheese! This just made me crave nachos! Making this soon!
This the kind of food I love to make on weekends! We often organize movie or game night!
Oh wow! Looks like a fabulous weeknight dinner, so festive and absolutely delicious!
What a delicious Cheesy Sheet Pan Steak Nachos! I simply cannot wait to try it! Very interesting combination of ingredients. I am saving this recipe for later.
These nachos are going to be a hit at any party! So flavorful!
I plan on making these this weekend. Just got all the stuff for them!