This recipe for the BEST Crock Pot Chili you’ll ever make is so delicious and filling. Best of all, it’s easy to make in the crock pot and is under 300 calories a serving!
If you love easy chili recipes then you should also try this recipe for Easy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili and this Easy and Healthy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe.
The BEST Crock Pot Chili
Everyone has their own way of making chili.
Once you have a good method you kinda stick with it. My mom had a very classic chili recipe growing up, ground beef, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, cumin… etc but our little family twist was we added shell noodles to it and then topped it with cheese, green onions, and sour cream. We added noodles to tomato soup too. I think it was her way of stretching the meal so it would last longer, but it was special to us.
What Makes This The Best Chili Recipe?
When I got married, like lots of other things, we started our own way of doing things. The noodles had to go. For a long time my go to Chili Recipe was this Three Bean and Beef Chili. Now that I’m a food blogger we rarely eat the same meal twice so new chili recipes are a necessity because well… YOU need a new and BETTER way to make chili.
So the biggest question you might ask is why this chili? Why is this one better than all the other chili’s out there? What makes it so unique or delicious?
Cooking This Turkey Chili In The Crock Pot Makes It So Easy
Well. For one it’s made in a crock pot. The only “cooking” you do is saute the turkey but then you just throw everything into the crock pot and let it cook for 4 1/2 hours! That my friends is a time saver indeed, and one of my favorite parts about this recipe.
The next reason you need to make this Chili is it’s a combination of classic ingredients combined with a few twists. Namely there is ground cinnamon in here along with chipotle peppers, both of these add a fun element to the flavor profile of this chili.
I Love That This Crock Pot Chili Is Healthy And Filling
The next reason = 247 calories a serving, 7 grams of fat, 21 grams of protein, and 22 grams of carbs. WHAT??? A delicious way to get tons of protein without adding protein powder to your food. Plus it’s under 300 calories!!!
You can give me a hug later!
Eat this Turkey Chili plain or top it with cheddar cheese, green onions or even some fresh avocado.
Either way you need to give this recipe a try. I promise it will deliver on flavor and the fact that it’s guilt free definitely should lure you in!
Go ahead. Put the classic recipe down and step out of your comfort zone, try a new chili recipe… who knows it may turn into your NEW family favorite!
Bon Appetite my friends!
The BEST Crock Pot Chili
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours 38 mins
- Total Time: 4 hours 43 mins
- Yield: 9-11 servings 1x
- Category: Crock Pot
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
This recipe for the Best Crock Pot Turkey Chili is so delicious and easy to make! It’s a healthy and filling dinner recipe that is only 300 calories a serving!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey (93/7 lean fat)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large chipotle pepper (in adobe sauce)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 28 oz. Muir Glen diced tomatoes
- 14 oz. low sodium tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 14 oz. dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz. light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt to taste
- Optional Garnish: sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat, add olive oil and ground turkey. Saute until turkey is no longer pink, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- In a crock pot, add ground turkey, red onion, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, chipotle pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, dry cilantro, garlic powder, ground cinnamon, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Next add in dark & ligh kidney beans, stir and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Optional: garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, or avocado
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 476 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 58 mg
Keywords: best crock pot chili, the best crock pot chili, best crock pot chili recipe, best slow cooker chili, slow cooker turkey chili recipe, easy slow cooker chili, crock pot chili recipe, recipe for crock pot chili, easy crock pot chili
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
More Easy Crock Pot Recipes You Might Like
BBQ Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Bites
Crock Pot Southwestern Corn & Potato Chowder
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->
I love this çhili recipe! Always my go-to!
Yippie! So glad you love it!