This recipe for the Best Crock Pot Turkey Chili is so delicious and easy to make! It’s a healthy and filling dinner recipe that is only 300 calories a serving!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey (93/7 lean fat)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large chipotle pepper (in adobe sauce)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 28 oz. Muir Glen diced tomatoes
- 14 oz. low sodium tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 14 oz. dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz. light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt to taste
- Optional Garnish: sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat, add olive oil and ground turkey. Saute until turkey is no longer pink, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- In a crock pot, add ground turkey, red onion, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, chipotle pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, dry cilantro, garlic powder, ground cinnamon, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Next add in dark & ligh kidney beans, stir and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Optional: garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, or avocado
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 476 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 58 mg
Keywords: best crock pot chili, the best crock pot chili, best crock pot chili recipe, best slow cooker chili, slow cooker turkey chili recipe, easy slow cooker chili, crock pot chili recipe, recipe for crock pot chili, easy crock pot chili