CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS – baked instead of fried but they are still as crispy and delicious as ever! The perfect party appetizer or game day treat!
- 3 lbs. of chicken (mixture of wings and drumettes)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with canola oil, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Melt the butter down.
- Once butter is melted add the garlic to the pan. Let cook in the liquid for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Next add in 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, & pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Let the sauce cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the garlic parmesan sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
- Serve. Top the wings with an additional 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Optional: add chopped chives for garnish.
Keywords: garlic parmesan chicken wings, garlic parmesan wings, how to make baked chicken wings, baked chicken wings healthy, baked chicken wings crispy, baked chicken wings recipe, baked chicken wings how long, garlic parmesan sauce, baked chicken wings in oven, garlic parmesan chicken, garlic parmesan chicken recipe