Gluten Free Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken, filled with bold asian flavors, extremely moist tender meat, and easy enough for a weeknight! A meal so irresistible your family is going to fall in love!
This weekend I am having to constantly remind myself to inhale, exhale and to take deep breathes.
For some reason everything stressful in my life decided to happen all at once. I am a planner by nature and I really like to accomplish tasks. Slowly I started adding things on my plate but this past week I realized… um.. everything is happening RIGHT NOW!
I am planning Cason’s 4th Birthday party (which is gonna be a Superhero Training Camp and I’m soo excited), I am co-hosting a friends baby shower that happens the week before Cason’s party, I am co-leading the hospitality team at our new church and setting the “schedule” for all our volunteers, getting ready to design our new house… oh and moving out of the house we are currently living in so we can put the house up on the market — which means we have boxes and stuff all over the house, painting walls, touching up the things that have been damaged in the 9 years we have lived in the house.
AND top it all off I was just in Seattle for a week with my little guy helping my parents get read to move to Texas!! AND Cason randomly had something happen to his leg, he all of a sudden can’t put pressure on his left leg and is limping all over the place, which breaks my heart.
To say that I have a little bit on my plate is an understatement.
But, as I read everything I just wrote I have to remind myself.
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” – Matthew 11:28-29
I need that rest! Rest for my mind, heart, body, and soul!
Whew… so here’s to deep breathes and casting my worries on the Lord!
Ok, now on to the recipe, this Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken Recipe.
Lately I have been craving any and everything Thai … and it seems like you’re loving it too based on the pins and social media response you’ve had! 🙂
I think what I love the most about Thai food is the bomb of flavor you get every time! There’s nothing subtle about Thai, just full bold flavors!
This Thai Grilled Chicken is marinated in a sweet, salty and spicy mixture for 30 minutes. Then it’s thrown on the grill where it gets slightly caramelized from the honey which locks all the flavors in even more. But to finish it off, it gets slathered in some of the reserved sauce to re-emphasize the flavors.
Ya’ll…. this Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken is absolutely phenomenal! One of those dishes that is perfect for the spring and summer months … cuz you know what… we are heading into that soon!!! How crazy is that?
Bon Appetit sweet friends! You are gonna love this Chicken Recipe, can’t wait to get your feedback!
- Serves: 4-6
- Serving size: 2 chicken thigh
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 441 mg
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 157 mg
- 2.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons chili paste
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- for garnish: ¼ cup chopped cashews (optional)
- To a medium bowl add: lime juice, chili paste, honey, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, tamari sauce, olive oil, fresh ginger, garlic cloves, fresh cilantro, ground clove, and black pepper. Using a whisk, stir to combine.
- To a large ziplock bag, add the boneless skinless chicken thighs and half the marinade mixture. Set the remaining marinade aside to use for later while grilling. Close the ziplock bag and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Place chicken on the grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from grill and brush the remaining marinade on the chicken.
- Optional: garnish with additional cilantro and chopped cashews
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!