SKILLET GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN THIGHS, an amazing one pan skillet meal that will rock your socks off on flavor. This healthy meal is done in 30 minutes and finishes off at 262 calories a serving.
Can I tell you a secret!?
I’ve been waiting for any excuse to make another Garlic Parmesan Chicken dish. After I posted those Garlic Parm Chicken Wings a couple weeks ago, which… um… you NEED to have at your Big Game Day party (regardless if you want to watch Brady or not).
I have been craving… no… yearning for that flavor again.
Lucky for you I just partnered with a new AMAZING brand that sells just that. Chicken!
Guys! I couldn’t be more excited to introduce you to a new partnership I’ve made with Just BARE Chicken!
I don’t know about you, but our family eats a whole stinkin lot of chicken! It’s our protein of choice, if you will. And I would venture to say, it’s your family’s as well.
If you know me, you know I don’t buy a lot of things organic; you could probably count them on one hand. But I will tell you, I do buy organic chicken! In my opinion you can 100% tell a difference between organic and non-organic. The chicken just tastes better! Fresher!
Just BARE Chicken is just that! BARE Chicken! It is free of any use of anti-biotics (EVER,) and has no added hormones or artificial ingredients! The chickens are fed a combination of vegetables and grain and have access to the outdoors.
The brand itself focuses on being transparent to its consumers about how the chickens are treated, what they are fed, and how products are prepared.
Which is important!
A brand that you can trust and know 100% what you are eating but most importantly a brand that you can count on for a superb product every time! I know from experience!
Over the next couple of months, I will be partnering with Just BARE to bring you easy to prepare chicken recipes. This month we’re focusing on chicken thighs … but don’t worry, recipes using a whole chicken and chicken breasts are on the horizon!
What makes these chicken thighs so special? They are all hand-trimmed, boneless, skinless AND free of any unwanted fats. Plus, they carry the USDA Organic seal! I think that makes them pretty special, and much healthier for you than regular chicken thighs.
In my opinion chicken thighs have a better taste to them. But I usually steer clear of them because they have more fat. But, since they are hand-trimmed it takes care of that fat factor for you!
Now, let’s get to the flavor part of this dish, shall we?
These chicken thighs are patted dry and then rubbed down with a homemade Smoky Garlic Spice blend… just to start teasing your taste buds with garlic flavor. Make sure your pan is HOT. So as soon as those thighs hit the pan they sear up and create a nice crust. (enter exhibit A… below… just look at that crust… mmmmmm) Once the chicken thighs are cooked through, remove them from the pan and start this irresistible Garlic Parmesan Sauce in the same skillet the thighs were cooked in so you can scrape off all that goodness… it’s all about adding layers of flavor people!
Then add the chicken thighs back to the pan with the sauce, let them soak up all the Garlic Parmesan saucy goodness and voila!
Say hello to chicken perfection!
Serve these Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs with pan seared asparagus and quinoa, or along side an Orzo Salad! These chicken thighs are absolutely to die for, low in calories and high in protein, AND done in 30 minutes! Basically, it’s a mom’s dream dinner … with a dream chicken!
Bon Appetit friends!
*** This recipe was sponsored by JUST BARE Chicken. However, like always all opinions are 100% mine! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats. ***
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 2 chicken thighs
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 419 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
- 2 lbs. Just BARE Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan + 1 tablespoon to garnish
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a small bowl, add garlic powder, ground cumin, salt, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, and black pepper. Mix the spices together. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with the prepared spice blend mixture. Gently rub the mixture into the thighs.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and then place chicken thighs into the pan. (you want to hear the sizzle)
- Saute on the first side for 5-6 minutes. Flip the chicken, turn the heat down to medium and cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes. Until you don't see any pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set on a plate.
- Turn the heat down to low. To the skillet add butter, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and minced garlic. Using a spoon or a whisk, scrape all the goodies (the brown bits) off the bottom of the pan. Stir until garlic is fragrant and butter is melted.
- Add in parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes. Whisk to stir everything together. Place the chicken back in the skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a spoon, pour some of that delicious sauce over each chicken thigh.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!