Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with a sticky sweet ‘n spicy chili lime sauce that you’ll love. These chicken wings are the perfect appetizer for your next party! Delicious wings that are totally addictive.
An Easy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
Well, I just sent my SuperBowl party evite out, which means my game day food prep is under way.
A must have at our house on game day are chicken wings!
Did you know that on the day of the SuperBowl, the term “buffalo wings” is searched on google 9x more than any other day of the year! People eat them some wings on the SuperBowl.
For us, the BEST chicken wings need to have three factors:
- They have to be CRISPY!
- The sauce game needs to be strong!
- Fall off the bone tender. (no body wants to be chomping away to get the meat off, just sayin)
Over the years I feel like I have mastered the crispy chicken wing thang and let me tell you, you’re going to love my healthy tricks!
So, if you read the title of this post you would have seen “baked” and now you’re wondering. Can you you make crispy chicken wings in the oven? I thought you had to fry them to be crispy? Nope. Not so much! And you don’t need an air fryer either! Just your oven.
How Do You Make Baked Chicken Wings Crispy?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat chicken wings dry. Season with grape seed oil, salt and pepper. Toss chicken wings to coat.
- Line chicken wings up on a wire racked lined baking sheet.
- Bake chicken wings for 40 minutes, flipping them over after 20 minutes to cook the other side.
- Remove from oven. Turn the broiler on.
- Place chicken wings back in oven under the broiler for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and crispy.
Don’t believe me. Try it! I have mastered the art of crispy wings.
You know that Gwen Stefani song, “my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and their like, it’s better than yours.” Yup, that’s me, except it’s my chicken wings that bring all the boys to the yard, these babies are fall off the bone tender and crispy on the outside!
Ok, so we have the first and third points for the BEST chicken wings checked. Now let’s move on to number two.
A strong sauce game, and this chili lime sauce has definitely got some strong sauce game!
How to Make Chili Lime Sauce for Chicken Wings:
For this chili lime sauce the base is honey, so it’s a little sweeter but the 3 different kinds of chili amps up the heat, plus the lime juice and zest give it a nice zing.
- Heat a small sauce pan to medium high heat. Add butter.
- Once butter is melted add honey, lime juice, lime zest, smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder, ancho chili powder, sriracha sauce and garlic powder.
- Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer.
- Serve immediately.
I’m telling you these Chili Lime Chicken Wings are the bomb! They are sweet, spicy, tangy, sticky and flippin addicting. I straight up had them for dinner Monday night. No shame in my wing game! They HAVE to make an appearance at your next game day party!
Bon Appetit friends!
Baked Crispy Chicken Wings with a sticky sweet ‘n spicy chili lime sauce that you’ll swoon over. These chicken wings are the perfect appetizer for your next game day party!
- 2 lbs. chicken wings (I do 1lb. drumettes and 1lb. wingettes)
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- salt & pepper to season
Chili Lime Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, to a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted add in honey, lime juice, sriracha sauce, lime zest, smoked paprika, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder and ancho chili powder. Whisk together to combine. Let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once chicken is done add to a large bowl. Pour chili lime sauce over the top and toss to coat all the wings with the sauce.
- Garnish with lime zest.
- Serving Size: 3-4 wings
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 524 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: baked chicken wings, chili lime chicken, crispy chicken wings, easy chicken wings recipes, game day food, game day recipes, football recipes, superbowl recipes, easy buffalo wing recipes, gluten free, easy chicken recipes
Want more Baked Chicken Wing Recipes?