A lighter, healthier twist on a classic appetizer recipe; Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups done in 30 minutes!
So, can you tell that I have been a little obsessed with chicken wings and buffalo sauce lately?
But I do have to say that this is the first Super Bowl in a long time that I REALLY could care less to watch and that’s saying a lot. In my opinion both the teams that are playing this year are dirty teams and don’t deserve to be there. It should have been the Colts & Cowboys!
Ok, that’s enough of my boo-whoing!
Back on to Game Day Appetizers!
So, have you had Buffalo Chicken Dip before? A couple of years ago it blew up on Pinterest and became an culinary sensation overnight! Part of the reason the people loved it is the amount of prep time. You literally just throw chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese in a crock pot turn it on and the crock pot does all the work. Serve it with chips and easy peasy!
Only problem is it’s fatty bo batty, especially because this stuff is addicting. If you think you can stop at just three chips your fooling yourself! You will always end up with 15-20!
Why do I talk about all this?
Well, I’m doing you a favor today! (your welcome)
Today I create a concoction to make things easier and healthier on you! You won’t have to worry about how much dip to scoop on your plate or how many chips to grab.
Why? Because everything is packed into a cute little wonton cup.
These Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups have all the same buffalo wing flavor everybody loves but with fewer calories! It has less ranch, less cream cheese, and not cheddar cheese. The funny thing is it literally tastes like the full fat one.
Your guests will love this new take on Buffalo Chicken Dip and appreciate the fact that you watching out for their waistline but not skimping on taste!
Warning: Corny joke ahead!
These Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups will be a touchdown!Print
- 1 cup of franks red hot sauce
- 1/3 cup of ranch dressing
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 lbs. of chicken, cooked and finely chopped
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1/3 cup of chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add cooked chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and franks red hot sauce. Mix till all combined. Set aside.
- Spray muffin tins with PAM, place a wonton wrapper in each muffin tin. Press down so that it fills the cup.
- Fill each wonton wrapper up with the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until wonton edges are crispy and browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top with chopped chives.