Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a healthy low carb dinner recipe that’s on the table in 15 minutes! These Lettuce Wraps are loaded with shredded buffalo chicken and topped with fresh veggies for a quick lunch or dinner!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Buffalo flavor is kinda our thing. Or at least, it’s my husbands thing and therefore I make it my thing. After all, it’s what a “good wife” should do right?
I’ve tried to make a variety of different recipes using the Buffalo Wing flavor to appease his want for that flavor and my desire for a healthy entree. And honestly, I think I’ve done a freakin good job of it! Today’s recipe is another example of that. One of my more popular dishes on Pinterest are these Grilled Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Anything wrapped in lettuce is gonna be good and guaranteed to be a healthy low carb option. So these wraps are kinda a take on that popular recipe.
What is Buffalo Flavor?
Great question! Buffalo sauce is normally made out of a cayenne pepper, butter, vinegar, and other seasonings – like garlic powder, salt, onion powder sometimes a splash of Worcestershire sauce, etc. It’s delicious!
Ingredients you’ll need to make these Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- Chicken: You could cook your own chicken, however, I like to take the shortcut of buying Rotisserie Chicken and shredding just the white meat.
- Buffalo Sauce: I don’t make my own. I use Franks Red Hot Brand, but I buy the original sauce not the buffalo kind.
- Cheese: Most recipes call for both cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese, as a way to cut down on the fat and calories I use just a little bit of the cheddar cheese to still give you the taste but a healthier version of the original.
- Lettuce: You could use butter lettuce, boston lettuce or I used romaine lettuce here.
- Toppings: Whatever suits your fancy. I like to top my lettuce cups with sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes (for some sweetness) avocado and a drizzle of ranch dressing. But again, use your creativity here.
How to make a Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap?
Trust me, this is the easiest most flavorful lettuce wrap you’ll make…. like EVER!
- To a small bowl add shredded chicken, cheddar cheese and franks red hot. Using a fork and stir to combine everything.
- To each romaine leaf add: chicken mixture, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion and 2 slices of avocado.
- Optional: drizzle with ranch dressing.
The good news is this recipe is done in less than 15 minutes, so it’s a super quick lunch recipe or dinner to throw together after a long day of work. The only “prepping” you have to do is shred the chicken and mix it. Other than that, no stove or oven required. Just hands that can mix and a mouth that’s ready to eat. Both of which I’m confident you can provide!
So if you’re in the market for a little low carb delicious dinner idea, these Lettuce Wraps will be your jam!
Bon Appetit friends and happy hump day!
What goes well with Buffalo Chicken?
Most of the time Buffalo Chicken is served with “cooling” vegetables to cut out the heat the buffalo sauce has. Think vegetables like celery, carrots or tomatoes. A couple of recipes that you could serve with these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are:
- Crispy Baked Fries with Roasted Garlic Aioli
- The Best Summer Fruit Salad
- Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Fries with Honey Sriracha Aioli
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a healthy low carb dinner recipe that’s on the table in 15 minutes! These Lettuce Wraps are loaded with buffalo chicken flavor and topped with fresh veggies!
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, white meat
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup franks red hot sauce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 10 romaine leaves
- (optional) ranch for drizzle
- To a small bowl add chicken, cheddar cheese and franks red hot. Using a fork stir to combine everything.
- To each romaine leaf add: buffalo chicken mixture, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion and 2 slices of avocado.
- Optional: drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Serving Size: 2 lettuce wraps
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 1514 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 306 mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken, buffalo chicken lettuce wrap, buffalo chicken wrap, how to make buffalo chicken wrap, buffalo chicken recipe, easy buffalo chicken
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->