Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a healthy low carb dinner recipe that’s done in 15 minutes!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a healthy low carb dinner recipe that’s on the table in 15 minutes! These Lettuce Wraps are loaded with buffalo chicken flavor and topped with fresh veggies!
Buffalo Chicken is kinda our thing. Or at least, it’s my husbands thing and therefore I make it my thing. After all, it’s what a “good wife” should do right?
I’ve tried to make a variety of different recipes using the Buffalo Wing flavor to appease his want for that flavor and my desire for a healthy entree. And honestly, I think I’ve done a freakin good job of it!
Today’s recipe is another example of that. One of my more popular dishes on Pinterest are these Grilled Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Anything wrapped in lettuce is gonna be good and guaranteed to be a healthy low carb option. So these wraps are kinda a take on that popular recipe.
For these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, I went more of the traditional Buffalo Chicken Dip route. I used Rotisserie Chicken as a short cut, shredded it and then added cheddar cheese and Franks Red Hot sauce to recreate a healthier buffalo dip flavor.
Once that was made I scooped the chicken mixture into lettuce cups and topped it with diced tomatoes, red onion and avocado. You could drizzle it with ranch or just eat it as is. Totally up to you.
This go around when it comes to lettuce wraps I realized two things.
- Romaine Lettuce – while it’s not my favorite to eat actually works the best for a wrap. It’s a little sturdier than Butter Lettuce or Boston Lettuce and holds together well like a Taco. Meaning you don’t end up with all the contents of the wrap falling out and on your plate.
- Romain Lettuce is so hard to photograph. It’s just an awkward shape and hard to make look “appealing.” MMmm… yummy lettuce. Not quite the same as … MMmmm juicy burger. But hey, what can ya do.
The good news is this recipe is done in less than 15 minutes, so it’s a super quick lunch recipe or dinner to throw together after a long day of work. The only “prepping” you have to do is shred the chicken and mix it. Other than that, no stove or oven required. Just hands that can mix and a mouth that’s ready to eat. Both of which I’m confident you can provide!
So if you’re in the market for a little low carb delicious dinner idea, these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps will be your jam!
Bon Appetit friends and happy hump day!
- Serves: 10 lettuce wraps
- Serving size: 2 lettuce wraps
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 1514 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 306 mg
- 2½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken, white meat
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup franks red hot sauce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 10 romaine leaves
- (optional) ranch for drizzle
- To a small bowl add chicken, cheddar cheese and franks red hot. Using a fork stir to combine everything.
- To each romaine leaf add: buffalo chicken mixture, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion and 2 slices of avocado.
- Optional: drizzle with ranch dressing.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!