Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats – tender zucchini stuffed with a creamy Buffalo Chicken mixture then drizzled with ranch. The perfect healthy way to eat Buffalo Chicken Dip without all the carbs!
This past weekend my heart was divided like it never had been before.
If you know me at all, you know I LOVE football season and love watching it with my husband. Well, last weekend we got to go to one of the playoff games. In my opinion THE playoff game.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers!!!!!
I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My parents are hardcore Packer fans. Like HARDCORE. As in they bleed Green and Gold. We would go to games as frequently as we could. But I can remember one time we went to a playoff game at Lambeau Field against the Carolina Panthers. They had a couple of pre-game parties and we went into one held by a radio station, I think I was about 15-16 years old at the time.
So I was easily traumatized if my parents did something ridiculous … which happened frequently when it comes to my dad. He’s kinda a nut. (and I say that with love!)
But anyways, we were at the party and my dad decides (at the encouraging of a DJ announcer) to get on stage, and strip down to his snow pants, boots, and Packers hat. Mind you, it’s freakin cold outside, like 20 below zero cold. Then he proceeds to start flexing while on stage … shirtless with his snow pant suspenders on. The crowd was going crazy and then the DJ raised my dads hand and says …. THIS IS HOW WE RAISE THEM IN THE TUNDRA!
Hand to forehead! All I could do was laugh, put my head down and hope nobody saw him walk back to me.
I love the Packers, they are a part of my childhood I will never forget. Sundays were filled with church, ham sandwiches, and Packer games. I had a huge crush on Brett Favre … and still do. Fast forward 6 years and I got married …..
TO A COWBOYS FAN!
The struggle is real. My heart was torn in two this weekend. I wore my Packers shirt Sunday morning and my Dallas shirt to the game. As my husband likes to remind me … when you get married you leave and cleave. So go Cowboys it was. And honestly, I thought they were going to pull it out. So flipping close you could taste it. The feeling in the stadium was electric, the crowd was going crazy from the 3rd quarter on! But alas, the Cowboys lost and my hometown Packers pulled it out. Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous!
On a side note, the refs that game were crap!! With a capital C!
Since we’re on the topic of football why not share a little FOOTBALL FOOD! These Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats will be a hit! They are perfect for Sunday afternoon game time dinner or basically any day of the week!
Who doesn’t like Buffalo Chicken? Crazy people, that’s who!
The Buffalo Chicken filling is basically like Buffalo Chicken Dip but way healthier! Then it’s stuffed inside a zucchini boat and drizzled with ranch dressing! If you want a little more, top it with fresh cilantro, sliced red onions, and sliced avocado!
Muah! These Zucchini Boats are absolute perfection and definitely a crowd pleaser!
Bon Appetit friends!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 2 boats
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1888 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 32 mg
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup franks original red hot sauce
- 3-4 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and seeds scooped out
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons ranch dressing for drizzle
- optional garnish: sliced red onion, fresh cilantro, avocado slices
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add prepared zucchini boats flesh side up to a 13x9" baking dish.
- To a small bowl, add shredded chicken, cream cheese, and franks red hot sauce. Using a fork, mix everything together so chicken is coated.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the zucchini starts to get a little tender but still has a bite to it.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Optional: garnish with red onion, avocado slices, and fresh cilantro.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!