30 Minute BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats – loaded with flavor, low in calories and high in protein.
30 Minute BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats – loaded with flavor, low in calories and high in protein. The perfect easy healthy recipe for a quick weeknight dinner your family will love!
There are times in life when you have to CHOOSE to believe something even though your feelings are telling you something different. The past couple years that’s where I’ve been. Music has been my saving grace during that season. It seems to speak the words I know my heart believes, the core of who I am, despite what my I was feeling.
There have been so many times when I’ve just feel beat up emotionally and had to choose to press on. I would turn on the radio, a song would come on and bring me to tears.
And you tell me that you’re pleased, and that I’m never alone.
The part of this song that gets me the most is: Because you are perfect in all of your ways. You are perfect in all of your ways. You are perfect in all of your ways to us.
He is surprised by nothing. He knows exactly what is going to happen and when it is going to happen. The heartbreak it might cause and how we will recover from it. He is a God who loves us and is after our hearts and character. Just like with parenting we don’t give our kids exactly what they want when they want it, He is same. He is PERFECT in all of his ways to us. He is perfect, and loves us more than we will ever know.
Just some thoughts I had the other day that I wanted to share. I hope it encourages you friends.
Alright, moving onto the food situation staring you in the face! This recipe combines the best of two worlds… BBQ Chicken and zucchini! I was in the mood for a simple easy recipe the other day… shocker.. and I have been in love with Stubbs BBQ sauce lately. As in, I put it on almost everything. So I decided to thaw out some chicken I had in the freezer, cook it, shred it and toss it with some BBQ sauce.
All I needed was a vehicle for my chicken and I had tons of zucchini that was begging to be used in the fridge. So BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats is what’s for dinner! I topped my Zucchini Boats with sliced green onions, fresh cherry tomatoes, avocado, and a drizzle of ranch. It was the perfect bite for what I was craving that night. It only took 30 minutes to make and totally filled me up! Plus the little man loved it. Woohoo!
I hope ya’ll give this one a try, it’s a winner! Bon Appetit!
- Serves: 4-6
- Serving size: 1½ zucchini boats
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 402 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
- 3 zucchini, halved (seeds removed)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (I used Stubbs Brand)
- ⅓ cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- 3 tablespoons of ranch dressing to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the seeds out of the zucchini halves, leaving a little about a ½" hole carved out of the center (similar to a boat). Place the zucchini flesh side up in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Add shredded chicken and BBQ sauce to a small bowl. Toss to coat all the chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the BBQ chicken mixture. (about ¼-1/3 cup for each zucchini boat)
- Sprinkle with mexican cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. (NOTE: I like my zucchini with a bite, if you would like yours more tender bake for an additional 5-10 minutes for desired tenderness)
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with avocado, tomatoes, green onion, and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Serve.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want more Creative Zucchini Recipes?