These 30 minute BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats are loaded with flavor, low in calories and high in protein! This healthy and delicious chicken zucchini recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners!
- 3 zucchini, halved (seeds removed)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used Stubbs Brand)
- 1/3 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 3 tablespoons of ranch dressing to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the seeds out of the zucchini halves, leaving a little about a 1/2″ hole carved out of the center (similar to a boat). Place the zucchini flesh side up in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Add shredded chicken and BBQ sauce to a small bowl. Toss to coat all the chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the BBQ chicken mixture. (about 1/4-1/3 cup for each zucchini boat)
- Sprinkle with mexican cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. (NOTE: I like my zucchini with a bite, if you would like yours more tender bake for an additional 5-10 minutes for desired tenderness)
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with avocado, tomatoes, green onion, and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 zucchini boats
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 402 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
Keywords: zucchini boats, zucchini boats recipe, easy chicken dinner, easy chicken dinner recipe, chicken zucchini recipe, bbq chicken recipe, easy zucchini recipe, best zucchini recipe, chicken dinner, healthy chicken dinner