Zoodles are the star in this easy 15 minute Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles recipe with Spicy Peanut Sauce – only 363 calories and packed with a punch of flavor!
So is it weird that I want to get married again?
Not to someone else. Sheesh! To the same wonderful man that stole my heart 10 years ago!
But ever since I’ve started second shooting weddings (and binge watching “Say Yes to the Dress”) I’m convinced I could plan a phenomenal wedding the second go around. (not that the first one was bad either, it was great)
But, I mean really. There are so many cool things nowadays that we just didn’t have 9 years ago.
Basically your wedding is planned out to the tee and the cutest thing ever with Pinterest.
Not creative.. no problem. Go to pinterest!
And dresses? Pfff… don’t get me started!
I am more of a simpleton anyways so I had a smooth satin halter top dress with a band of glitz, but now dresses are gorgeous and the so perfectly form fitted to bring out a girls curves!
Ugh… so basically I just want to get married … again! Re-do please!?
Maybe for a 15 year anniversary? (hint hint if your reading this husband… hehe)
Ok, ok. Enough.
So … this Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce.
First off, if peanut butter is in it then you know its a winner!
But the fact that this recipe is packed full of vegetables? Well that’s a sneaky little trick and just plain awesome.
I was trying to think of a new inspiralizer recipe for ya’ll because well, they are just fun to make AND its a easy healthy substitute. My mind was going and it landed on this one Thai Chicken Dish I made and I thought, why not make it with zucchini noodles …
So I did!
And ya’ll, let me tell you. This turned out way better than I though it would. When Mike came home I couldn’t wait for him to try it and see what he thought. He took the first bite and was the first words were “What is this babe? Its really good!” And then he finished off the bowl! Mission Accomplished!
Oh, did I mention that is takes 15 minutes to make and its only 363 calories! Yup! Amazing! Not only will the flavors knock you off your seat but the ease of it will too. Your family will love it!
** This post contains affiliate links. **Print
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 1 lb. of chicken tenders, diced
- 1 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 2 zucchini, inspiralized
- 1 large carrot, inspiralized
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup of bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, diced
- 1/4 cup of green onions, diced
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of coconut aminos (or tamari sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, peanut butter, coconut aminos, lime juice, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and chicken tenders. Saute each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit. Dice when cooled.
- In the same large skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil, zucchini noodles, and carrot noodles. Flash stir fry for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove noodles and place in large bowl along with chicken, red pepper, bean sprouts, fresh cilantro, green onions, and spicy peanut sauce. Toss till all noodles are coated.
- Serve and garnish with sesame seeds.
If you use tamari sauce, use 2 tablespoons instead of 3.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 20 g
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!