This Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles Recipe is an easy healthy dinner option that only takes 15 minutes! Zucchini Noodles with fresh vegetables, pan seared chicken then tossed with a zesty peanut sauce make this one flavor packed bite.
If you’re looking for more Zucchini Noodle Recipes you’ve got to try my Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodle Salad with a Sesame Vinaigrette or my Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles.
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
First off, if peanut butter is in it then you know its a winner! Am I right?
But the fact that this recipe is packed full of vegetables too. Well that’s a sneaky little “mom trick” and just plain awesome.
I was trying to think of a new spiralizer recipe for ya’ll because they are just fun to make AND its a easy healthy substitute. And ya’ll, let me tell you. This turned out way better than I thought it would. When Mike came home I couldn’t wait for him to try it, he gave me the stink eye at first but then he took the first bite and said “What is this babe? Its really good!” And then he finished off the bowl! Mission Accomplished!
Oh, did I mention that is takes 15 minutes to make and its only 363 calories! Yup! Amazing! Not only will the flavors wow but the ease of it will too. Your family will love it!
How to cut Zucchini Noodles?
The best and easiest way to cut zucchini to create zucchini noodles is to use a kitchen tool called a spiralizer. Using this tool will help you make long spaghetti looking noodles with ease. You can buy this tool at most cooking stores or on amazon.
How to make Zucchini Noodles without a spiralizer?
The good news is you can still make zucchini noodles even if you don’t have a spiralizer.
- Vegetable Peeler: The first way is a vegetable peeler. Just apply light pressure to the sides of your zucchini and peel. You’ll be left with thicker “fettuccini like” noodles.
- A Knife: Using a pairing knife just slice thin strips from the top to the bottom until you reach the core.
- Mandoline Slicer: This is another kitchen tool that will help you create zucchini noodles that will look more like “fettuccini” than spaghetti. However, if you’d like to make them look like spaghetti, just cut those noodles into thin julienne slices and viola – noodles.
- Grater: Another easy way to make zucchini noodles is to use a vegetable grater. Start your zucchini at the top of the grater and pull it all that way down to the bottom of the zucchini, applying pressure the entire time so you are left with noodles.
Honestly, if you really want to go the easy route, just skip all of this and buy zucchini noodles at the store. It’s up to you!
How to cook Zucchini Noodles?
Ok, so here is where I vary from most people. I don’t like to cook my zucchini noodles. I find that even when you give them a quick flash in a saute pan they get mushy and release a ton of water. So instead of cooking my noodles I leave them raw and top them warm ingredients – like this pan seared chicken or a Bolognese sauce. However, if you still want to cook your zucchini noodles. The best way to cook them is:
- Prep your Zucchini Noodles: place your spiralized noodles in a colander and sprinkle with salt. This will help take some of the moisture out. Let them sit for 30 minutes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat a Pan: Heat a large saute pan to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the pan and then zucchini noodles.
- Saute: Saute your noodles for 2-3 minutes, stirring throughout. Remove and immediately serve.
Zoodles are an easy way to make any dish low carb AND gluten free. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some veggies. Alright, now that you’re a master in “the zoodle” let’s mix them up with some flavor. One of my favorite dishes to make with zucchini noodles is this Thai Chicken and Peanut Sauce. The peanut sauce is everything, trust me!
This dish is easy to make, as in it’s done in 15 minutes because all your doing is sauting the chicken and giving a quick flash fry to some vegetables then tossing everything with your raw noodles and that killer Spicy Peanut Sauce! It’s gonna be your new favorite. Believe me!
Bon Appetit friends!
Other dishes similar to this Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles Recipe:
- Best Thai Chicken Mason Jar Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Thai Chicken Grain Bowl with Peanut Dressing
- Easy Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- Thai Mango Avocado Salad
- Sweet Chili Baked Salmon Recipe
** This post contains affiliate links. **Print
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Gluten Free
This Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles Recipe tossed with a zesty peanut sauce makes this one flavorful bite! It’s an easy healthy dinner option that only takes 20 minutes!
Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles:
- 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
- 1 lb. of chicken tenders, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, diced
- 1/4 cup of green onions, diced
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of coconut aminos (or tamari sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, peanut butter, coconut aminos or tamari, lime juice, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil and chicken tenders. Saute each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit.
- To a large bowl add raw zucchini noodles, chicken, carrots, red pepper and sauce. Using a tongs, gently toss them together.
- Next, add fresh cilantro and green onions to the bowl and give it another toss.
- Serve and garnish with sesame seeds.
If you use tamari sauce, use 2 tablespoons instead of 3.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 901 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 65 g
Keywords: thai chicken recipe, zucchini noodles recipe, zucchini noodles with chicken, zoodles and chicken
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->
Made this last night. It was amazing can’t wait to make it again. So easy an wow what great flavors!
That Peanut Sauce is life changing!! I am so happy you enjoyed this recipe!!
Excellent recipe and delicious dish! I added cubes of tofu and sliced sugar snap peas and will definitely be making this again and again💚
Can the red pepper and green onion be stir fried with the zucchini noodles and carrots?
the red pepper could, I wouldn’t do the green onion but that’s just me. I find it gets bitter when it’s cooked.
This is my GO TO zucchini noodle recipe! I don’t change a thing, except when I’m out of aminos I use soy sauce. My boyfriend requests this constantly. Thank you so much for this recipe!
This recipe is amazing! Thank you for sharing it! My boyfriend and I have decided to put it into our weekly rotation! We add a jalapeno or serrano pepper to kick up the spice!
oh… love the serrano pepper idea! Sounds awesome!
This looks like it would make for a good cold salad… have you ever done that? I need a dish for a salad potluck, and have to have a cold one because of timing.
yes i have! it’s great for lunch the next day.
It looks so yum.thanks for sharing!