Spaghetti Squash with Bolognese Sauce
Well, our Paleo Diet Fast officially ended on Sunday. The fast in general has been great. Mike and I had been praying for some specific things and while some of them did not happen yet, I am believing whole heartedly that God has perfect timing and he will bring those things about when it is the right time. What the fast did bring about:
- Renewed Vision for the Year
- Closeness in our Marriage
- Closeness to God, I feel like I can hear his voice again 🙂
- Boldness to step out in faith for the things I believe God has called me to, namely this blog! I want to be the next SkinnyTaste or Pinch of Yum! 🙂
There are many more things that I could go into but I will digress.
Today is our monthly roundup of themed dishes hosted by Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. and this month the theme is Winter Comfort Food!
When I think of Comfort Food I immediately think of Pasta, garlic bread, and a glass of wine. Now, since I am still on this Paleo kick I decided to change up the tradition noodles and made these amazing Spaghetti Squash Noodles! Then topped them with this gluten-free and Paleo Bolognese Sauce. Now, for those of you who don’t know what Bolognese sauce is, it is basically an Italian Meat Sauce. And it is absolutely delicious. This one has a bit of a twist to it too with some cinnamon in it. It is sweet, salty, hearty, light, and all kinds of yummy!
How to Make the Best Paleo Pasta
To get started, cook your Spaghetti Squash Noodles. In the meantime, heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, once melted add 2 small onions diced. Saute for 10 minutes, until slightly caramelized.
Add 4 minced garlic cloves, saute for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups of diced carrots and 4 strips of diced bacon. Saute for 5-7 minutes. Add in 1 lb. of lean ground beef and cook until no more pink, about 6-8 minutes.
Add in 2 tablespoons of basil, 2 tablespoons of oregano, 2 tablespoons of parsley, 1 tablespoon of thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, salt & pepper. Stir to combine everything.
Add in 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes and 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes to let all the flavors combine.
Serve over Spaghetti Squash Noodles.
This Spaghetti Squash with Bolognese Sauce is a hearty Paleo & gluten-free meal that’s perfect for those pasta cravings. It’s a healthy and delicious dinner recipe!
- 3–5 lbs. of spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups of carrots, diced
- 4 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of basil
- 2 tablespoons of oregona
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- salt & pepper
- 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- Cook your [Spaghetti Squash Noodles | https://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/how-to-cook-spaghetti-squash/].
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add coconut oil, once melted add small diced onions. Saute for 10 minutes, until slightly caramelized.
- Add minced garlic cloves, saute for 30 seconds. Add diced carrots and strips of diced bacon. Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in lean ground beef and cook until no more pink, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, ground cinnamon, salt & pepper. Stir to combine everything.
- Add in crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes to let all the flavors combine.
- Serve over Spaghetti Squash Noodles.
Keywords: best spaghetti squash recipe, healthy spaghetti squash recipe, easy spaghetti squash recipe, paleo dinner recipe, easy paleo dinner, butternut squash pasta, bolognese sauce recipe, best bolognese sauce
I’m sharing this recipe as part of January’s Recipe Round-Up.
I have teamed up with a wonderful group of talented gals to bring you some of the best COMFORT FOOD recipes you’ll ever find.
Check out all the other recipes by these AMAZING bloggers that have joined in this month.
‘); // ]]>