Basil Pesto Pasta tossed with fresh Grilled Vegetables, this pasta recipe will quickly become a summer favorite!
Basil Pesto Pasta tossed with fresh Grilled Vegetables a 30 minute meal your family will love! This light fresh gluten free pasta recipe will quickly become a summer favorite!
A couple weeks ago I was polishing off a whole watermelon a week all by myself. It was the only thing that would settle my stomach for a while. Now I’ve moved on to bags of cherries.
Guys I’m obsessed. I’m sitting here in Panera right now, writing this post with my little baggie of cherries. Popping them in my mouth and spitting the seeds out. It’s glorious. Right now the biggest problem I’m having it trying to keep them stocked in our fridge because my son adores them too. I call him the cherry monster. At one point he was literally crawling across the table trying to get the cherries for my husbands bowl. (although, truth be told, I don’t blame him)
Anyways. This post isn’t about cherries. It’s about this amazing pasta that you NEED to have in your life!
Recently I came across a new gluten free pasta brand and it is quickly becoming a favorite… have you heard of Ronzoni? I just saw it in the grocery store and thought I’d give it a try and now I’m in love. It doesn’t have a starchy taste to it. It has a nice bite to it just like regular pasta and it doesn’t drastically reduce in size, which is a problem I’ve had in the past. Instead of making one box I’ve had to make two to feed my family.. and that’s just annoying. I love this pasta and it is becoming my go to.
Now adding a homemade basil pesto sauce to it just takes it up a notch with the vibrant lemon and fresh basil flavor. Then I topped it with fresh summer grilled veggies … zucchini, squash, corn, charred red onions, and burst tomatoes. This Basil Pesto Pasta has all the flavors you’ll love.
To me there is nothing better than fresh grilled veggies in the summer. I could literally eat them all summer long. But tossed with pasta and fresh pesto. Ya’ll… so stinking good!
I promise you won’t even miss the meat! And what makes this dish even more enticing is it only takes 30 minutes to make. Woot Woot!
This could definitely be an easy weekday meal and it’s great as leftovers the next day too, just add a squeeze of fresh lemon to freshen it up and you’re set.
Happy cooking and Bon Appetit!
- Serves: 6-8
- Serving size: 1½ cups
- Calories: 422
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 598 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
- 1 lb. gluten free pasta
- 1 ear corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red pepper, 1" cubes
- ½ red onion, 1" cubes
- 1 zucchini, ¼" slices
- 1 squash, ¼" half moon slices
- 12 oz. sweet trio tomatoes
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 cups fresh packed basil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- To a food processor add fresh basil, pine nuts, salt, pepper, a garlic clove and lemon zest. Pulse until the basil is finely chopped. Slowly pour the olive oil in and continue to pulse until the mixture is smooth and forms a sauce.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and fold in the parmesan cheese and set aside.
- To a large bowl add red pepper, red onion, zucchini and squash. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the veggies.
- Put veggies in a grill basket and grill until charred, about 5-7 minutes, tossing throughout. Remove from grill and add tomatoes to the basket. Grill until the tomatoes start to burst, about 3-4 minutes.
- In the meantime also add ear of corn to the grill. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes, until slightly charred.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add gluten free pasta to it. Cook until al dente, according to cooking directions on box. (usually 8-10 minutes)
- Drain and rinse noodles. Pour noodles into a large bowl with the pesto. Gently toss the noodles with the pesto until the noodles are coated. Add in the grilled vegetables and toss.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Delicious Pasta Recipes?