Chimichurri Avocado Pasta with Pan Seared Shrimp, a zesty healthy 25 Minute Pasta you’ll feel good about feeding your family! Plus it’s loaded with fiber, protein, and healthy fats!
Is anyone else obsessed with Avocado? What about Pasta?
If so, then um… pretty much we should be besties and eat together every night! Whatcha think? Are you in?
If you don’t want to eat with me, it’s ok. I forgive you. How about you just make my food! 🙂 Isn’t that why you’re here anyways!
Believe me, you’re gonna want to make this one! It’s a winner!
I’m a strong believer that pasta tastes so much better when it’s covered in a creamy sauce. The only problem is, when you’re trying to eat healthy. Having a creamy sauce on top usually means something with cream, butter, or cheese. All of which are not great for you and tend to increase the calorie count, as well as leave you feeling bloated. No bueno!
Well, that’s where Avocados come in handy!
They are creamy and can easily be turned into a sauce. So I took one of my top recipes on JHE, the Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa, and turned the avocado salsa part into a sauce! Just by adding it to the food processor or blender and blending it until it’s smooth and luscious!
The sauce itself is creamy, filled with fresh herbs and has a little bit of a kick to it like Chimichurri sauce does! It is down right addicting!
I could have stopped there but I wanted to add a little more flavor to the mix, cuz that’s how I roll … so Spice Rubbed Pan Seared Shrimp was the winner!
This recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes, is loaded with bold tex-mex flavors, and has 29 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber per serving!!! What!?
How did it get so high?
Well, the pasta itself adds a huge portion of it! But it’s not just any pasta, it’s Dreamfields Pasta. So guys, I’m kinda obsessed with this pasta. Not only does it have more added nutrition to it than other pastas (as in it has 5 grams of fiber & 7 grams of protein per 2 oz. of dry pasta), but in my opinion it tastes way better.
I kinda have a pet peeve for pasta that turns mushy after 1 minute of cooking past al dente! Which is honestly most pastas. Ugh!
But Dreamfields pasta comes out with a “bite” every time, which means it cooked perfectly al dente, the way that it was meant to be eaten. It is hands down my favorite pasta based on taste and I love that I am giving my family added nutrients on top of it being delicious!
It comes in lots of different pasta cuts. What’s your favorite one to use? For me, when I’m making a sauce I love to use either Fettuccini Noodles or Rotini because the sauces just stick to it perfectly and … yummmmm!
So, recap… what have you learned? I LOVE pasta. I LOVE avocado. And you of course. I LOVE Dreamfields Pasta and you NEED to make this recipe! It’s pure perfection for a quick weeknight meal and you don’t have to skip on the health because this baby is loaded with good for you nutrients!
Last thing to learn. Dreamfields is giving away a CASE of pasta to one lucky winner! All you have to do is visit their social media accounts, and “follow” or “like” them! (maybe even tell them I sent ya)
PS. They are also giving away $500 to the blogger who has the most interaction from their followers. Which would mean that yours truly could win. So here’s my idea. If you help me out and I win. I will give away a $100 amazon gift card on my Facebook Page or Instagram Page (which ever you prefer) to give you a head start on Christmas shopping! Deal!
Ok, ready go enter the giveaway and then go make this recipe!
*** This post is sponsored by Dreamfields Pasta. As always all opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats. **
- Serves: 6½ cups
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 383 mg
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 104 mg
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 avocados
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (8 oz.) cherry tomatoes
- 1 box (13.25 oz.) Dreamfields Rotini Pasta
- To prepare the shrimp, in a small bowl add shrimp, garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika, ¼ teaspoon of sea salt, and chipotle chili powder. Using a spoon, toss the shrimp to coat with the spices. Set aside.
- To prepare the Avocado Chimichurri Sauce, add fresh cilantro, fresh oregano, garlic clove, red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon of sea salt, ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika, red wine vinegar, fresh lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a food processor. Pulse 5-10 times until the herbs are chopped up.
- Add avocado to the food processor. Blend until the sauce is extremely smooth. Add more salt as needed. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a bowl. Add Dreamfields Rotini pasta to the water and cook until al dente. (about 10 minutes)
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and then add the seasoned shrimp. Sear shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the shrimp from the pan, place on a plate. Then add cherry tomatoes into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, just until the tomatoes have a slight char on them.
- Drain the pasta and add the al dente pasta to a large bowl.
- Then add Avocado Chimichurri sauce to pasta bowl. Toss the noodles to coat them in the sauce. Add the shrimp and cherry tomato to the bowl. Mix everything together and serve!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!