Tender Cilantro Lime Chicken made with a quick marinade then grilled to lock in all the flavors. This paleo chicken recipe is topped with a fresh zesty Avocado Salsa – a healthy, easy, 30 minute meal you’ll love.
The Perfect Grilled Chicken Recipe
It’s time. This Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe has been on my site now for over 3 years. It was in need of a desperate facelift to be lighter and brighter! but honestly that’s what this recipe tastes like. It’s a fresh, light and bright top of flavor in your mouth.
There’s a reason it has over 771,000 pins on Pinterest y’all! It’s because it’s that amazing!
The key to my version of cilantro lime chicken is the quick marinade.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken:
- In a small bowl, add lime juice, olive oil, fresh cilantro, cumin and salt. Mix until it forms a sauce.
- Add boneless skinless chicken breasts to a ziplock bag and pour cilantro lime marinade in.
- Marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees F) or heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Cook chicken for 4-7 minutes per side until there is no more pink.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
The lime juice in this marinade recipe helps to tenderize the meat. Which is why this recipes works so well and keeps the chicken juicy and filled with that lime flavor.
Tips for the BEST Grilled Chicken:
- Even chicken breast are key! Make sure to either cut your chicken breasts in half or pound them to be the same size. This will help ensure the marinade soaks into meat AND that they will cook evenly!
- Generously oil your grill grates. Either spray with cooking spray or soak a rag with olive oil and rub on the grill grates. Doing so will help your chicken not stick.
- Bring chicken to room temperature before place on the grill. When you place cook protein on the grill it will seize up but if you place room temperature protein on the grill it will cook more evenly through and through. (I usually bring my chicken out of the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before cooking)
- Before placing the chicken on the grill. Make sure your grill is hot. (usually 375-400 degrees F) The hotter the grill the better the sear marks which will give you a crispy outside and leaves you with a juicy chicken.
- Once cooked through, about 4-7 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into it.
As long as you follow those easy steps you’ll be a grill master in no time!
Just remember. Once the chicken or any protein is on the grill, DO NOT FUSS WITH IT! Leave it alone and let it cook and do it’s thing.
What Goes with Cilantro Lime Chicken?
- Serve cilantro lime chicken with black bean quinoa.
- Cilantro lime rice would also be a great light option to pair with cilantro lime chicken.
- Top this flavorful cilantro lime chicken with a fresh chunky avocado salsa or homemade guacamole.
- Make a fresh mango salsa or pice de galo.
This Cilantro Lime Chicken is marinated with fresh zesty lime juice, earthy ground cumin, and fresh cilantro. You could pan sear it if you’re under 2 feet of snow or if you want a real delicious juicy chicken, grill it to create a charcoaled taste and sear in all flavor.
While the Chicken itself is amazing, the kicker and element that takes this dish over the top is the avocado salsa on top!
Holy Hannah is this stuff good! Although, can anything with avocado in it be bad? I think not!
The Avocado Salsa is creamy, zesty from the lime juice and red wine vinegar, slightly spicy from the red pepper flakes, and absolutely addicting! The combo of the Grilled Chicken with the Avocado Salsa will blow your taste buds out of the water!
I could eat this stuff by the bowlful!
I hope this quick flavorful dinner recipe makes you think of summer! Enjoy my sweet friends and happy Monday!
Tender Juicy Cilantro Lime Chicken made with a quick marinade then grilled to lock in all the flavors. This paleo chicken recipe is topped with a fresh zesty Avocado Salsa – a healthy, easy, 30 minute meal you’ll love.
Cilantro Lime Chicken:
- 1.5 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt to taste
- To a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of lime juice, olive oil, 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, ground cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Whisk until mixed.
- Add chicken and marinade to a large ziplock bag. Let chicken marinade for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees). Place chicken on grill and grill each side for 4-6 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and let sit.
- To make the avocado salsa: add avocado, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 3 tablespoons lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic clove, and salt to a small bowl. Gently toss to mix.
- Top Cilantro Lime Chicken with fresh Avocado Salsa.
- Serving Size: 4 oz. chicken + salsa
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 239 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
Keywords: cilantro lime chicken, grilled chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes, avocado salsa, paleo recipes, paleo chicken, gluten free dinners, easy dinner ideas, 30 minute meal, easy healthy recipes, kid friendly, how to grill chicken, the best grilled chicken, easy grilled chicken recipe
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Cilantro Lime Recipes?