GRILLED FISH TACOS topped with a fresh MANGO SALSA all done in 30 minutes!
30 Minute GRILLED FISH TACOS topped with a fresh MANGO SALSA, Avocado, and Chimichurri! This easy grilling recipe is one “winner” of a meal that you’re family will fall in love with!
So guess what, I think we might get a pool! We’ve lived in Texas for almost 11 years now and have never had one. I think it’s about time, don’t you!? It’s flippin hot here in the summer and the pool is calling my name!
Plus, now I’m having visions of grilling out, popping open a bottle of white wine and enjoying the summer heat … poolside! Sounds amazing, right!?
Mike and I have always had a heart for hosting people. I DO love to cook, we love people, and we love to open a bottle of wine and sit and chat. The problem we’ve run into is we haven’t had the “space” to entertain. The homes we’ve lived in have been awkwardly shaped and have not been large enough to host groups of people.
I guess that’s part of the reason I’m so excited about the pool too. It will give us an indoor AND outdoor hosting space.
I’ve always wanted to be the “cool mom.” You know the one who has the cool house with all the good food that all the other kids want to go over to. You know exactly what I’m talking about! We all had one of those houses growing up.
Ok, part of me also wants to keep an eye on Cason. I figure if he’s at our house and I’m around his friends I know the ones who are influencing my son. Call me controlling, but I take my role as a parent very serious. I want to protect him physically of course, but emotionally and mentally ABSOLUTELY! There are so many outside influences these days, especially for young men – I want to guard his eyes and heart.
Ok, moving on to the reason I’m excited for today… (besides the pool) it’s basically Grilling season. Or least that’s what I’m claiming as of now!
It’s been 70’s/80’s the past couple of weeks and school will be out in about a month which means summer is around the corner. You need to make sure your summer grilling game is on point! And these GRILLED FISH TACOS are a great way to ring in the grilling season!
Spice rubbed flaky White fish with a slight grill flavor nestled in a warm corn tortilla then topped with a fresh mango salsa, creamy avocado, and zesty chimichurri sauce.
Are you hungry yet? I know I am.
Ya’ll, it’s amazing. Trust me! My son devoured them and then looked at me and said “mommy, thank you for such a delicious meal!” hahaha!
Fish Tacos just scream summer and these would be perfect with my Strawberry Jalapeno Sangria or just a cold Corona … just sayin!
Bon Appetit ya’ll!
- Serves: 10-12 tacos
- Serving size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 342 mg
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 52 mg
- 1.5 lbs. cod filet
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- optional garnish: fresh cilantro & sliced jalapeno
- Heat grill to medium high heat (about 375-400 degrees).
- In a small bowl, add cumin, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and lime zest. Gently mix with a spoon.
- Pat the cod dry, rub spice blend into the fish.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the fish.
- Place fish on the grill and grill for 3-5 minutes per side. (DO NOT TOUCH WHILE IT'S GRILLING OR YOU'LL HAVE A MESS)
- Once fish is done, remove from the grill and let rest.
- In the meantime, to a small bowl add mangos, red onion, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt to taste. Gently toss to mix all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Make the chimichurri: to a small food processor add ¾ cup fresh cilantro, fresh oregano, garlic clove, red pepper flakes, ¼ teaspoon cumin, red wine vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Blend until the herbs are finely chopped. Add in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, pulse until everything is combined.
- Assemble your tacos: add one corn tortilla, 1-2 oz. of cod, top with mango salsa, purple cabbage, 2 slices of avocado, and chimichurri sauce.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Fun Taco Recipes?