This creamy Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is so easy to make and perfect for cold winter nights!! A hearty and comforting soup recipe filled with rich flavors.
This easy Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup goes perfectly with a slice of crunchy bread. It’s also a gluten free and a great set-it-and-forget-it dinner idea with only 5 minutes of prep time.
In the beginning of my pregnancy, before I could say anything to you guys I was dreadfully sick. I could barely look at food without feeling nauseous. We ate out probably 3-4 times a week because I couldn’t stomach cooking. Let’s just say it’s a pure miracle I was able to get posts out for y’all.
During this time one of my favorite things to eat and one of the only things that would settle my stomach was soup.
I think soup automatically gives you the “feel goods.” There is something comforting about it. It just calms you down no matter how your day has gone. And for me, it calmed my stomach down. Which was a BIG bonus in my book.
I would make Mike run to Panera at least once a week to get me their Chicken & Wild Rice Soup. It’s one of my favorite soups besides of course their signature Broccoli and Cheese soup! So since then I have been on a mission to make the ultimate Chicken & Wild Rice Soup.
And guys I think I’ve got it!
First off, it’s made in a crock pot. As in, it’s literally the easiest soup you’ll ever make. I made this recipe in the morning by just throwing everything in the crock pot and turning it on. A couple hours later I added in the milk mixture and voila.
Thick creamy deliciousness that is the epitome of comfort food!
This soup is actually now one of my husbands favorites, in fact, he asked me to make it again. Which he normally doesn’t do, partly because he knows I’m always creating new things. But he’s pushing for a repeat on this one. My mom even asked for the recipe the day after we made it because the flavors are on POINT and she loved how easy it was.
Guys this soup is a must make for the fall!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Creamy CROCK POT CHICKEN & WILD RICE SOUP! So easy to make and totally rivals Panera’s version!” quote=”Creamy CROCK POT CHICKEN & WILD RICE SOUP! So easy to make and totally rivals Panera’s version!” theme=”style1″]
In my opinion this soup is better than the Panera version. It packs more of a flavor punch.
I guarantee you’ll love it, even the kiddos will devour this one. Which is a bonus because it’s loaded with veggies, protein and good nutrients! Each serving is only 213 calories with 17 grams of protein.
So what are you waiting for, go out, get those ingredients throw everything in the Crock Pot and wait for deliciousness to show up on your dinner table.
Bon Appetit friends!
This easy Crockpot Chicken & Wild Rice Soup goes perfectly with a slice of crunchy bread. It’s a great weeknight dinner idea with only 5 min of prep time.
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast
- salt & pepper to season
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 cup wild rice
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced baby bella mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt to taste
- To a crock pot, first add boneless skinless chicken breasts on the bottom. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then add carrots, celery, onion, garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme, wild rice and chicken broth.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 – 3.5 hours.
- Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred with two forks. Add chicken back to the crock pot.
- Heat a small sauce pan to medium high heat. Add butter to the pan. Let the butter melt and start to bubble, whisking the entire time to ensure it doesn’t burn. Once the mixture is a light brown color pour the milk in and add corn starch. Whisking the entire time until milk is incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Let milk mixture simmer for 2 minutes until thick.
- Pour milk mixture into the crock pot and stir. Next add mushrooms and stir. Let cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 39 mg
Keywords: chicken wild rice soup, chicken soup, how to make chicken soup, crock pot soup recipes, crockpot chicken, crockpot chicken recipe, crockpot chicken breast
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Comfort Soup Recipes?