Moist Oat Carrot Cake Muffins with a secret ingredient. You’ll love this healthy breakfast recipe that’s full of flavor. Great for Easter morning!
So have you ever seen the show F.R.I.E.N.D.S.?
In college I was kinda obsessed with it. I HAD to end the evening with at least one show for the night to be complete. We would go on FRIENDS watching binges and then Mike aided that addiction by buying me all 10 seasons!
One of my favorite characters was Phoebe, because her mind was just all over the place.
Sometimes I feel like I’m similar. I’ve had conversations with Mike before where I’ve jumped to 4 or 5 different places in a conversation and he looks me in utter confusion.
All I can say is “You don’t want to know what’s going on up here.” 🙂
Wanna know my thought process for making these Oat Carrot Cake Muffins?
I was thinking of Easter recipes.
My mind went to the Easter Bunny.
What do Bunnies eat?
Enter Carrot Cake Muffins!
Not too crazy, some logic right?
So these muffins. I had to do some testing on this one, the first batch came out really dry. Like you could still see the flour specks in the muffins after it baked. It was pretty nasty. I was convinced this was a keeper so I added a little more yogurt to the recipe and some coconut oil. Moist muffins here we come!
What I love about these Carrot Cake Muffins is the wide variety of different flavors and textures. It has raisins, carrots, crunchy walnuts. The oats in this recipe bring fiber to the equation so after one muffin you will be full. Hurray!
They are not as sweet as a typical carrot cake, the coconut sugar is a little subtly in sweetness, but I like it. It still gives you that same Carrot Cake taste but without being put into a sugar coma or loading up on calories.
These muffins are a great option for an on the go breakfast in the morning or a pick me up snack in the afternoon.
Plus who doesn’t want to have cake in the morning? Yup… go make these!
- 2 cups of white whole wheat
- 1 cup of regular oats
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups of plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- ¾ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray muffin tin with Pam.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, greek yogurt, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and grated carrots. Using a hand mixer, mix until combined.
- Next add in flour, oats, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until everything is combined and there are no more dry patches.
- Fold in raisins and chopped walnuts using a spatula.
- Scoop muffin batter into muffin tin filling ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove and let sit to cool off. Eat!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!