Moist Pumpkin Muffins topped with a crunchy Cinnamon Pecan Streusel, the perfect way to start the day!
So yesterday I realized that I am sooo not ready to let my little guy go to school.
On the way to work, I passed by a group of literally 20 kids waiting for the bus and with the 20 kids were like 6 moms all waving to their little ones as they ride off on the bus. My heart broke.
I just envisioned myself doing that someday and almost started to cry….
Yes I know he is only 2 but I just don’t know if I can do it.
One thing I know I CAN do though… is….. make more Pumpkin Recipes!!! bahaha..
I really hope I’m not scaring you away from my site with all these pumpkin recipes! I promise Friday will be something different.
I just can’t help it! I’m on a pumpkin kick and literally can’t… kick it!!! 🙂
So today is one of my favorites, Pumpkin Muffins … yum!
If you’ve been around JHE a while you know that I am all about “on-the-go” breakfasts and snacks!
I’m a busy momma so I usually eat something on the go and muffins are my on-the-go food of choice. Love em!
They fill you up, give you a little bit of sweet in the morning, and are just darn right tasty!
What’s better than that?
With my love for muffins I have had to figure out a way to perfect getting a moist muffin.
Dry muffins are one of my biggest pet peeves … all crumbly and gross. Yuck, who wants to eat that!
My favorite way to add moistness to the muffin batter without compromising the health of it is to use coconut oil 🙂 Plus it gives a slight coconuty taste.. yum!
These Pumpkin Muffins are not short on moistness in any way, the coconut oil + the pumpkin puree = one super moist muffin. Top it off with a slightly crunchy Cinnamon Spiced Pecan Streusel and you have yourself one of the best muffins this fall … hands down!
So… what have you learned here today?
Coconut oil rocks… and you need to make these muffins! Ready….. GO!Print
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
Cinnamon Pecan Streusel:
- 1/3 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- In a medium bowl add in pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, eggs, and coconut oil. Whisk together.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Grease muffin tin with PAM and fill 12 muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup of flour, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, pecan, and 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Mix until combined.
- Top each pumpkin muffin with a scoop of cinnamon pecan streusel.