These moist Pumpkin Muffins topped with a crunchy cinnamon pecan streusel are the perfect way to start your day! They’re easy to make in about 30 minutes.
Big fan of pumpkin muffins? These Apple Pumpkin Muffins make the perfect treat for fall!
Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
So yesterday I realized that I am sooo not ready to let my little guy go to school.
On the way to work, I passed by a group of literally 20 kids waiting for the bus and with the 20 kids were like 6 moms all waving to their little ones as they ride off on the bus. My heart broke.
I just envisioned myself doing that someday and almost started to cry….
Yes I know he is only 2 but I just don’t know if I can do it.
One thing I know I CAN do though… is….. make more Pumpkin Recipes!!! bahaha..
I really hope I’m not scaring you away from my site with all these pumpkin recipes! I promise Friday will be something different.
I just can’t help it! I’m on a pumpkin kick and literally can’t… kick it!!! 🙂
So today is one of my favorites, Pumpkin Muffins … yum!
If you’ve been around JHE a while you know that I am all about “on-the-go” breakfasts and snacks!
I’m a busy momma so I usually eat something on the go and muffins are my on-the-go food of choice. Love em!
They fill you up, give you a little bit of sweet in the morning, and are just darn right tasty!
What’s better than that?
With my love for muffins I have had to figure out a way to perfect getting a moist muffin.
Dry muffins are one of my biggest pet peeves … all crumbly and gross. Yuck, who wants to eat that!
My favorite way to add moistness to the muffin batter without compromising the health of it is to use coconut oil 🙂 Plus it gives a slight coconuty taste.. yum!
These Pumpkin Muffins are not short on moistness in any way, the coconut oil + the pumpkin puree = one super moist muffin. Top it off with a slightly crunchy Cinnamon Spiced Pecan Streusel and you have yourself one of the best muffins this fall … hands down!
So… what have you learned here today?
Coconut oil rocks… and you need to make these muffins! Ready….. GO!
Get your morning off to a great start with one of these moist and fluffy Pumpkin Muffins! Topped with a lightly crunchy cinnamon pecan streusel, they’re easy to make in about 30 minutes.
For the Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
For the Cinnamon Pecan Streusel
- 1/3 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, eggs and coconut oil to a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredient mixture to combined dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Grease a 12-count muffin tin with PAM and fill the cups 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, chopped pecans and coconut oil in a medium-sized bowl. Top each pumpkin muffin with a scoop of cinnamon pecan streusel.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry or with a couple loose crumbs.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Keywords: healthy pumpkin muffins, cinnamon muffins, muffins with pumpkin