Get your morning off to a great start with one of these moist and fluffy Pumpkin Muffins! Topped with a lightly crunchy cinnamon pecan streusel, they’re easy to make in about 30 minutes.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
Cinnamon Pecan Streusel
- 1/3 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs and coconut oil until smooth.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Using a wooden spoon mix together until flour is all incorporated.
- Make the Streusel: Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, chopped pecans and coconut oil in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble Muffins: Add cupcake liners to each muffin tin, fill the cups 3/4 of the way full with batter. Top each with a scoop of cinnamon pecan streusel.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Cool. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Keywords: healthy pumpkin muffins, cinnamon muffins, muffins with pumpkin