Homemade Thieves Tea is a warming drink that’s great for health and wellness. Learn how to make this natural boosting tea using thieves oil and honey.
Thieves Oil: My Favorite Natural Remedy
Well, if you’ve been following me on Instagram you know that our house has been sick lately. More specifically, my son, was diagnosed with the flu last week. Honestly, we don’t do flu shots and I’ve only gotten the flu once. It was like 4 years ago and this is the first time anyone else in my family has gotten it.
Whenever my kids get sick I go into hyper mom mode. Trying …. “all the things” to help them start feeling better and basically rid their little bodies of the illness. I almost always begin with a good probiotic. Probiotics are so important to our body. They help give us “good bacteria” to ward off illness and help promote wellness.
Once I’ve put probiotics to work, I almost always make thieves tea with thieves oil and other essential oil blends. It is so good for your immune system, health and wellness.
In this post I’m going to share my favorite natural probiotics and also show you how to make thieves tea at home. We’ll also learn about thieves essential oil and its uses.
The Power of Probiotics
If you are going to add probiotics to your routine it’s important that you use high-quality, effective products. Here are my favorites:
- For Adults: I use and highly recommend Life9 by Young Living. I’ve tried a couple different probiotics and found this has the best results. It has 17 billion live cultures from nine beneficial strains. It helps promote healthy digestion, support gut health and maintain normal intestinal function.
- For Kids: I use a powder called MightyPro by Young Living. It contains both a prebiotic and probiotic, both super important for gut health, you just mix it with water and the kids love it.
- For Infants: I’ve been using Klaire Labs Ther-Biotic for Infants and it works like a charm. I highly recommend it!
In addition to probiotics you can also add antioxidants to your diet. When my kids are under the weather I sometimes give them a 2 oz. shot of Ningxia Red. It’s basically a concentrated blend of wolfberry juice, other juices and essential oils. Wolfberries are great for your body.
Essential Oils for Wellness
Once the probiotics and antioxidants are doing their thing, I “oil ’em up baby.”
Last week I made a blend of thieves, lemon and frankincense in a roller ball bottle and diluted it with fractionated coconut oil. I would rub the oil blend on both Maddie and Cason every hour. The biggest and baddest of all these oils and one that we use daily is Thieves Oil.
What is Thieves Oil?
Thieves Essential Oil is a blend of clove, cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus radiata and rosemary. It is basically a wellness bomb of an essential oil as all of those ingredients help the body.
One of my favorite ways to use Thieves beyond diffusing it or adding it to a roller ball blend, is orally taking it. You can just take a couple of drops right on your tongue or add them to a yummy thieves tea! This is a hot drink made with hot water, essential oils and honey and has the taste of tea. “Thieves tea” is meant to promote overall health and great when you’re looking to for a warm drink to have right before bed time.
How to Make Thieves Tea
If you would like to use your thieves oil to make tea, here’s how to do it:
- Add water to a large mug or a tea kettle.
- Heat up water until it is your desired temperature.
- Warm the water is hot. Add thieves essential oil, lemon essential oil, frankincense essential oil and honey.
- Stir to combine and drink while hot.
I often will add a slice or two of fresh lemon, which in and of itself is great for your health. Lemon is a good source of Vitamin C and promotes hydration. I often use lemon slices in detox water too!
Where I Buy My Essential Oils: Young Living
One of the best ways to make sure I have a constant supply of these products, and the biggest game changer to my essential oil routine is joining the Young Living Essential Rewards Program. Every month I get $50 worth of product shipped right to my doorstep!
I get to pick exactly what’s in my cart every month. Thieves oil is one of my monthly must haves. And then I can add special things like the Sleepyize Essential Oil, Purification or Lavender. I can set the day of of the month I want it to process and then it’s delivered right to my doorstep.
What is Essential Rewards?
This easy rewards program lets me earn points for every dollar I spend, which I can redeem for FREE products. So last month I was able to get a few of my favorite oils for FREE because of the rewards I had built up! Other benefits include:
- Exclusive bonuses every month at certain price points. It’s awesome!
- Loyalty Gifts at 3, 6, 9, 12 months. Young living sends FREE oils just for enrolling in the program. Then every year they’ll send an Exclusive Loyalty Oil. Just for being part of the program.
If you’re interested in making essential oils a permanent part of your health and wellness routine then essential rewards is the route to go –> SIGN UP HERE!Print
How to Make Wellness Thieves Tea using essential oils. This warming natural tea promotes health and immunity!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 drop of thieves young living essential oil
- 2 drops of lemon young living essential oil
- 1 drop frankincense young living essential oil
- 1–2 teaspoons raw honey
- optional: slice of fresh lemon
- Heat water up in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove. Add essential oils and honey to the hot water. Stir and drink.
Please note the vitality essential oils from young living can be ingested. I am not sure of other brands. Please refer to the FDA or your doctor for use.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: thieves oil, thieves tea, young living essential oils
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I am not a doctor this is just what I found have worked for my family. Take it or leave it. 🙂
Want More Wellness Recipes?
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->