Ultimate Avocado BLT
There are times when writing comes so easy to me. I know exactly what I want to say and I literally have the entire post written in less than 20 minutes. Those are usually the times when I have a good story or when I have something on my heart that I want to share.
But today .. today is different.
I feel like I’m in this uninspired state … which is why I haven’t been super consistent this summer about posting on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. I still love what I’m doing and LOVE sharing my heart AND recipes with you guys.
But have realized that I need to not let my “task driven” personality take over and cause unneeded or wanted stress in my life. We have traveled a lot this summer and when I’m away from the kitchen it means I don’t get to make or photograph recipes …. deep breathe. What that typically does for me is put me into hyper task mode and I want to make a ton of recipes during the day to get caught up. But since it’s summer making a bunch of recipes means taking away time from Cason sooo… I took a deep breathe. Put aside my striving and relaxed. I am a food blogger but I’m also a MOM and he comes first. Bottom line.
Plus there are days where I am just down right exhausted and I don’t want to sit down after a long day of cleaning, playing with Cason, working out, and making dinner to just sit down and work some more.
Ok, sorry this post is turning into something I didn’t think it would.
I guess what I’m trying to say is, I’m trying to find a balance in life. Doing things for me … working out, spending time with my little guy (I only have one more year before he goes to school full time), so that I’m inspired to do things for the blog! I know you guys have grace for me and aren’t sitting on the edge or your seat at 4am for my new recipe to come out …
All that to say. Thank you for being patient with me, for still coming back time and time again, and for reading my silliness! 🙂 It means the world!
Now to transition you for my hot mess of thoughts in written form … I give you a token of BACON!
Bacon makes everything better! Especially when it’s smushed into between two pieces of toast and topped with Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado! All is right with the world when this sandwich is in your hands!
Not much can make a BLT better, but of course I always try and I think I hit the jackpot with this one … Harissa Mayo ya’ll. It’s a game changer!
This mayo comes together in less than a minute but will leave you savoring every bite of this Avocado BLT… it is hands down .. no comparision the BEST most ULTIMATE BLT sandwich I have ever had!
You need to try it! No excuses! It has less than 10 ingredients and takes 20 minutes to make which is perfect for those school nights!
I guarantee it will be a favorite! Bon Appetit friends!Print
The Ultimate Avocado BLT slathered with a Harissa Mayo that takes this sandwich over the top. Bacon and avocado has never tasted so perfect!
- 12 strips of applewood smoked bacon
- 2 beef steak (or heirloom) tomatoes, sliced thick
- 8 leafs of butter lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 8 slices of multibread bread
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Place bacon strips in the skillet, cook each side until desired doneness. (I cook mine for 3-5 minutes per side so it’s somewhat crispy)
- Let bacon rest on a paper towel lined plate to let the grease drip off.
- While the bacon is resting, mix mayo, harissa, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and lime juice in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Toast the bread in toaster.
- Assemble the Avocado BLT: one slice of bread, slather harissa mayo on it, 2 leafs of lettuce, 2 slices of tomato, 3 strips of bacon, half an avocado (sliced), top with the other slice of bread. Serve
Keywords: blt sandwich, avocado sandwich, best sandwich, easy sandwich, best sandwich recipe, healthy sandwich, blt recipe, avocado recipe
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!