This easy Crockpot Chicken & Wild Rice Soup goes perfectly with a slice of crunchy bread. It’s a great weeknight dinner idea with only 5 min of prep time.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast
- salt & pepper to season
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 cup wild rice
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 cup thinly sliced baby bella mushrooms (optional)
- salt to taste
- Pat chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Season both side of chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add in avocado oil and seasoned chicken breast. Sear each side for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned. (not cooked through – you’re just looking to add flavor to your soup)
- To a crock pot, first add boneless skinless chicken breasts on the bottom.
- Then add carrots, celery, onion, garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme, wild rice and chicken broth.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 – 3.5 hours.
- Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred with two forks. Add chicken back to the crock pot.
- To a small bowl add cornstarch and milk. Whisk together so there are no lumps.
- Next add mushrooms to the crockpot and pour milk mixture over the top and stir. Cover the crockpot and let cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 39 mg
Keywords: chicken and wild rice soup, crockpot chicken wild rice soup, slow cooker chicken wild rice soup, easy soup recipes