Blackened Grilled Salmon Salad topped with grilled corn, black beans, fresh Pineapple Salsa and a Citrus Cilantro Vinaigrette you’ll swoon over! This Salad is what dreams are made of and all packed into a small bowl!
The past couple of weeks I’ve been wrestling with God.
I’ve really struggled with just feeling his presence. Do you ever feel like that?
I’m not a morning person at all, in fact, you don’t want to be around me the first 10-15 minutes after waking up. But it seems to be the only time I can sit down and focus on the Lord. I’ve been denying it for a while now but finally made a commitment with my friend to get up before Cason wakes up to spend time with the Lord.
I think in my head I thought it was going to be a magical moment. That me being intentional was going to change everything. After all, God was just waiting there for me to “show up” and meet with him, so surely now that I start showing up he will meet me and bless me.
Not the case. It has been frustrating not being able to hear his voice. I find myself writing in my journal things like, “where are you? I long for you, just a simple comforting touch to know you are there. And nothing.” It actually kinda reminds me of the Psalms where Kind David is writing about his longing for the Lord.
Everything in me longs to hear him …. to feel his embrace. So I keep meeting. Faithfully coming before him in the morning.
To be honest. I have enjoyed it. I have enjoyed waking up, getting a cup of coffee, sitting next to a lamp with my bible curled up in a blanket. It’s my special time and even though I don’t feel him I know he’s there.
So I wrestle with him. I tell him my thoughts, my frustrations, my fears …. (there’s a lot of those) and lay everything out on the table.
I think that’s what he wants. For us to tell him we don’t understand why something like the Orlando shooting happened, why some families just keep getting hammered with tragedy, why we can’t have another baby, why Mike’s company is going through an unfair trial. All the things that hurt my heart… I’m laying out there! In a way, laying them at his feet takes them off me and places them on him.
After all he does say “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Stop trying to carry things on your own, wrestle with the Lord, and then give those thoughts to the him!
Ok, now onto this yummy recipe you’ve been looking at!
This Blackened Grilled Salmon Salad is filled with grilled corn, black beans, grilled peppers, a homemade pineapple salsa and then topped with a Citrus Cilantro Vinaigrette that ties all the flavors together!
This recipe has definitely moved to the top of my FAVORITE summer salad list! It is sweet, savory, spicy, smokey AND it’s healthy! I guarantee you’ll fall in love with the flavors and how fast everything comes together!
Bon Appetit my friends! Happy grilling!
- 1 lbs of salmon, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- salt to taste
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce
- 1 whole red pepper
- 1 whole yellow pepper
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl add garlic powder, sea salt, smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder, ground cumin, and ground cinnamon. Stir to mix.
- Pat salmon dry and rub spice mixture into the salmon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add pineapple, red onion, fresh cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- To a food processor or blender add lime juice, fresh cilantro, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, raw honey and salt to taste. Blend until smooth! Set aside.
- Add corn, whole peppers, and salmon to the grill. Grill peppers for 3-4 minutes per side until slightly charred. Grill corn for 3-4 minutes per side until slightly charred. Grill each side of the salmon for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove everything from the grill. Section the salmon into 3-4 oz filets. Cut the corn off the cob and slice the peppers.
- To a large bowl or 4 small bowls add lettuce, peppers, corn, black beans, avocado, pineapple salsa, and top with dressing.
- Serving Size: 1 small salad
- Calories: 497
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 866 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 29 mg
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!