Honey Sriracha Grilled Shrimp an easy 30 minute meal or appetizer.
Honey Sriracha Grilled Shrimp these are hands down the BEST grilled shrimp you’ll ever have and the Honey Sriracha Glaze is totally swoon worthy!
As I’m writing this, I just got back from a Food Blog Conference in Austin, Tx. I learned a ton and left feeling inspired. Very inspired. As in, I’ve been attached to my computer the past couple of days. Updating. Changing. Editing. Reviewing. Deleting all kinds of stuff.
Mainly a lot of stuff having to do with SEO and trying to make sure the “google gods” are happy with my site. On a side note. Wow! I thought I understood SEO, turns out I have ahhhh lot to learn!!!
Whenever I go to conferences, I usually come back with a HUGE “to do” list. And my personality is such that I want to knock everything off that “to do” list in the 1st week. My husband laughs at me, but also loves this about me. When I want something I go after it hard core. Well that is what this week has been. But I’ve been running up against the fact that I was only home for 2 days, and then fly out to Vegas. (which is where I’m at right now)
So looks like my “go getter” attitude has to be put on hold for a little bit. Which is kinda killing me!
Anywho. At least I can share these HONEY SRIRACHA GRILLED SHRIMP with you. Is it ok that I’m already sharing grilling recipe with you? Are you still dealing with snow or frigid temperatures? Or are you getting out there and enjoying the beautiful spring weather?
Here in Texas it is nice and warm, and the grill it calling my name. Although I will say, every time I light it up I get a little nervous after that one incident with me almost blowing up the gas tank because of a leak!!! Eeek.. still can’t believe that happened!
Ok, but back to these Shrimp.
Ya’ll know that I am completely obsessed with Honey Sriracha Sauce now. I’ve made game day Chicken Wings with it and Grilled Chicken Thighs slathered with the sauce. So, I figured, why not expand into other proteins and use the same sauce! Genius right!? I thought so.
So that’s what todays recipe is all about, that amazing Honey Sriracha glaze slathered all over juicy shrimp that are grilled to perfection. This recipe could easily be an appetizer for a backyard summer party or you could make it a meal and serve it over brown rice with a side of grilled asparagus! (which is what we did)
It’s deliciously addicting and finger licking good. I guarantee you’ll have a hard time trying to stop popping these in your mouth.
Bon Appetit friends and Happy Monday!
ITEMS I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE: (could be affiliate links below)
- Wooden Bamboo Skewers – I use these every time I grill a smaller protein to make sure that it gets grilled evenly on all sides. You need to make sure they are soaked before use or they will go up in flames! (they are wood) 🙂
- Silicon Basting Brush – this is my go to brush when basting or slathering something with sauce! It gets the sauce on and is super easy to clean!
- Serves: 25-30 shrimp
- Serving size: 5 shrimp
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 605 mg
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 131 mg
- 4-5 wooden skewers
- 1 lb. large shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 6 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- optional garnish: lime wedges and freshly chopped cilantro
- Soak the wooden skewers for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 400 ºF.
- In a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted add in fresh ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next add in smoked paprika, ground cloves, honey, Sriracha and lime juice. Stir to combine and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Place prepared shrimp on wooden skewers.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray or rub with olive oil soaked rag.
- Place shrimp skewer on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the shrimp releases from the grill. Flip the shrimp over and grill on the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Using a brush, gently brush the honey sriracha glaze on both sides of the shrimp. Grill each side for one more minute.
- Remove from grill.
- Glaze the shrimp one last time. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Shrimp Recipes?