An easy healthy Southwestern Steak Salad loaded with vegetables, tender Ribeye Steak and then topped with a homemade Cilantro Avocado Dressing! Done in 15 minutes, low on calories and rivals any restaurant salad!
Sooo… I have been sitting down staring at my screen, getting distracted … going to Facebook, Pinterest, or reading emails for the past two hours. It is now 9:45pm Sunday night and I am just now starting to write my post. Ughh….
I probably should have written this post Saturday because I knew Sunday was going to be a busy day BUT instead of geeking out on my blog post I spent the entire day with my husband and JUST my husband! And it was ah-mazing!
We started out the day waking up “late”, which in parent talk is 7:45am .. woot woot! Got dressed and headed out for breakfast at one of our favorite brunch places. We had the most amazing long slow breakfast, enjoyed our coffee and then headed out to catch a movie – Whiskey Tango Foxtrot to be exact. After the movie we decided to aimlessly walk around outside and pop into shops here and there. On a side note I bought the cutest layered turquoise necklace on our little shopping adventure.
After that we went to meet the guy who will be designing our new house and dreamed a little. It seriously makes me smile every time we talk about what we want our new house to look like and feel like. The goals that we have for it! Eekk!!! Cannot wait!
To finish out the night we headed over to a really cute area of town where you can sit outside, chill, and get cocktails and appetizers.
I am a quality time person. If you want to show you care, just spend time with me! It’s totally my love language! So sitting outside, sipping on wine and munching appetizers for 2 hours just talking was amazing!
Can I just say. I LOVE my husband. He makes my heart go pitter patter. 🙂
Ok, enough of the sap and my day date.
Something else that makes my heart go pitter patter is anything with a Tex-Mex flare!
This Southwestern Salad with Cilantro Avocado Dressing is definitely on point!
This salad is loaded with black beans, corn, avocado, sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, piquillo peppers, and juicy tender Ribeye grilled to perfection then topped with fresh Cilantro Avocado Dressing!
Ya’ll, this salad is the bomb.com!!!
It literally takes 15 minutes to make, is gluten free, only 345 calories a serving and filled with ah-mazing flavors that will make your tastebuds dance like there’s a fiesta going on! The only thing that could make this Southwestern Steak Salad any better is a Margarita in your hand!
So get to it peeps, this recipe is calling your name!
- 1 lb. Ribeye Steak
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 piquillo pepper, juilienned
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet corn (I used a can)
- 1/2 cup low sodium black beans (I used a can)
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- cilantro for garnish
Cilantro Avocado Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- In a small food processor, add fresh cilantro, avocado, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and ground cumin. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak on the grill and grill each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove and let rest for 3 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl add lettuce, piquillo pepper, cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, orange bell peppers, avocado, and thinly sliced steak. Serve with Cilantro Avocado Dressing.
- Serving Size: 2 cups of salad + dressing
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 467 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!