An easy southwestern salad loaded with black beans, corn, avocado, sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, piquillo peppers, and tender grilled Ribeye, all topped with a fresh Cilantro Avocado Dressing!
For the Salad:
- 1 lb. Ribeye Steak
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 piquillo pepper, juilienned
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet corn (I used a can)
- 1/2 cup low sodium black beans (I used a can)
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- cilantro for garnish
For the Cilantro Avocado Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- In a small food processor, add fresh cilantro, avocado, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and ground cumin. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak on the grill and grill each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove and let rest for 3 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl add lettuce, piquillo pepper, cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, orange bell peppers, avocado, and thinly sliced steak. Serve with Cilantro Avocado Dressing.
- Serving Size: 2 cups of salad + dressing
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 467 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: southwestern salad, avocado dressing, salad steak