This quick Watermelon Feta Salad with Cucumber is a simple refreshing dish to make for that next summer bbq. Only 10 minutes to make and filled with fresh mint, basil, feta, cucumbers, red onion and watermelon for the ultimate summer bite.
Watermelon Feta Salad
Keep it simple. When it comes to summertime, the simpler the better.
We entertain A LOT at our house. And one thing I’ve learned over the years is to keep things simple. No need to be extravagant. Most people are happy just to get together these days and aren’t looking for anything fancy. But if you can give them something simple that looks fancy, like this Watermelon Feta Salad. Well, then you are just winning in life.
When it comes to summer, salads are my jam. Lately, I have been loving salty sweet melon salads too, like my Summer Prosciutto and Melon Salad. So I thought I’d keep up the melon salad goodness and go watermelon this time.
What you’ll need for this Watermelon and Feta Salad
The best part about this salad if you need less than 10 ingredients to make it. Everything is fresh and vibrant – you are going to love it! Here’s what you’ll need.
- Watermelon – Use a seedless watermelon so you aren’t worried about black seeds scattered throughout your salad. I also like to make sure that my watermelon is chilled before I cut it.
- Cucumber – English seedless are my favorite, they tend to have more a crunch to them.
- Red Onion – I use red onion for the pop of color and they are sweeter than other onions.
- Fresh Herbs – You’ll need both fresh mint and basil. Do a rough chop of them.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Getting a good aged balsamic is key – this is the one I use and love it!
- Olive Oil – Just a little bit to create a quick dressing to drizzle on top of the watermelon
What cheese goes well with Watermelon?
Because watermelon is so sweet, pairing a salty cheese with it will make it pop! I like to use a salty feta cheese. However, you could also use goat cheese or manchego cheese.
How to make Watermelon Feta Salad?
This easy summer salad comes together in 10 minutes. I like to start with chilled watermelon to really double down on that cool refreshing summer bite. So, you can put the whole watermelon in the refrigerator to chill it and then chop it up or chop it first then chill it. It’s up to you. Here’s how to make it:
- Make Balsamic Drizzle. Just a simple balsamic drizzle adds a pop of flavor to this salad. To a small bowl add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together until smooth and set aside.
- Chop up Fruits & Vegetables. To a large bowl or serving platter add chilled cubed watermelon, cucumber and red onion.
- Finishing Touch. Right before serving this salad top it with crumbled feta cheese, fresh mint, fresh basil and drizzle the balsamic dressing on top.
Can I make ahead of time?
This recipe is honestly super fast to make and is better made day of. However, if you really want to prep it or make a head of time. I’d recommend chopping the watermelon and cucumber up and storing in separate containers in the refrigerator. Then, day of, you can just mix everything together.
What to serve with Watermelon Feta Salad?
This light summer salad is perfect on it’s own, as an appetizer, next to a grilled protein or even as a dessert. Here are some of our favorite things to serve with it.
- Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Easy Grilled Salmon
- Lightened Up Broccoli Salad
- Best Grilled Chicken Recipe with Spice Rub
- Grilled Corn on the Cob (2 Ways)
- Best Burger Charcuterie Board
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Zest
Quick Watermelon Feta Salad with Cucumber is a simple refreshing dish to make for that next summer get together. Only 10 minutes to make and is filled with fresh mint, basil, feta, cucumbers, red onion and watermelon for the ultimate cooling bite.
- 4 cups cubed watermelon, chilled
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a small bowl add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together until smooth and set aside.
- To a large bowl or serving platter add watermelon, cucumber and red onion.
- Right before serving top with feta cheese, fresh mint, fresh basil and balsamic drizzle.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 99 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, watermelon feta mint salad, watermelon and feta salad