Refreshing Prosciutto and Melon Salad topped with Balsamic for quick & easy summer recipe that’s great for an appetizer or side dish.
Summer Prosciutto and Melon Salad
One of the my favorite things about summer is the produce bounty! I love the fresh strawberries, juicy watermelon and the sweetest melon you’ll taste all year long.
Recently, I bought a melon baller. Y’all, I might be addicted. It’s so fun to use and easy enough for the kids to have fun with. Plus, it’s fun to pop little balls of melon in your mouth. hahah
School is out this week which means the summer festivities will be in full effect. Hanging out by the pool, watching the kids run around like crazy and staying up way too late hanging out with friends. If you come to my house just know, you’ll never go hungry or thirsty. I’ve always got something out to munch on and this prosciutto and melon salad is going to be a staple. The kids can grab the little melon balls and it’s fancy enough for the adults. Unless you have bouche kids like me and they’ll start grabbing the prosciutto too!
Y’all little balls of sweet melon goodness mixed with salty prosciutto, creamy goat cheese, fresh herbs and a balsamic drizzle is pure heaven. Don’t miss out!
What you’ll need for this Melon Prosciutto Salad:
Hallelujah a recipe with minimal ingredients but maximum flavor impact. Melon and prosciutto are the stars of this dish but you’ll need a few other ingredients to really elevate this dish and give it a wow factor. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cantaloupe – You’ll need a whole ripe cantaloupe cut into balls with a melon baller.
- Honeydew Melon – Honeydew make a great compliment to the cantaloupe and really emphasizes melon as the star. Just like the cantaloupe, you’ll cut these into small balls with a melon baller as well.
- Prosciutto – Salty slices of prosciutto de parma are a must, you can find this meat in the deli.
- Goat Cheese – Creamy tangy goat cheese will take this salad over the top. If you don’t like goat cheese you can sub with feta cheese or mozzarella balls.
- Fresh Herbs – Mint and Basil brighten things up and cut through the sweetness of the cantaloupe.
- Balsamic – You’ll need this for a simple balsamic dressing drizzle.
- Olive Oil – Just a little extra virgin olive oil for the dressing that will get drizzled on top.
How to make Prosciutto and Melon Salad?
This light salad has minimal ingredients comes together in 15 minutes and crazy easy to make because there is no cooking involved. Here’s out to make it:
- Cut Melon: Using a melon baller, cut cantaloupe and honeydew melon into small balls.
- Make Dressing: Next, to a small bowl add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Assemble Salad: To a platter or large bowl, spread out melon balls in a haphazard way. Scatter prosciutto around the platter or bowl then garnish with chopped mint, basil and crumbled goat cheese.
- Finishing Tough: Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette on top, right before serving. Serve.
What wine goes with prosciutto and melon?
The best wines to pair with melon and prosciutto are fruit forward wines like moscato, riesling, pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this salad a day ahead of time. I would cut the melon balls and make the balsamic dressing then store. When you’re ready to serve, drain the juice from the melon and then toss everything in and mix together.
How to store Melon Salad?
Store this salad in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Will keep one day. Honestly, this salad is going to be at it’s best day of. So while you can keep it, it’s not gonna be quite the same.
Other Summer Sides and Appetizers you’ll Love:
- Fresh Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- Quick & Easy Fresh Shrimp Ceviche
- How to Make a Simple Summer Cheese Board
- 10 Minute Asian Cucumber Salad
- Healthy Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps
- Smashed Chickpea Crostini with Bruschetta
- Best Guacamole Recipe
Refreshing Prosciutto and Melon Salad topped with Balsamic for quick & easy summer recipe that’s great for a appetizer or side dish.
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into balls
- 1 honeydew melon, cut into balls
- 2 oz. prosciutto
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a platter or large bowl, spread out melon balls. Arrange prosciutto around the platter or bowl. Garnish with chopped mint, basil and goat cheese.
- Next, to a small bowl add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette on top, right before serving. Serve.
Keywords: prosciutto and melon salad, melon prosciutto salad, summer salad recipe