The BEST Healthy Banana Bread Recipe you’ll ever need. Easy to make and super moist!
The BEST Healthy Banana Bread Recipe you’ll ever need. An easy to make banana bread that’s super moist and refined sugar free.
Banana Bread is kinda a staple in our house. For the longest time it was my “treat” of the day! Moist flavorful banana bread topped with a tablespoon of creamy smooth peanut butter.
Mmmm… seriously you can’t beat it!
I would find myself buying extra bananas because I knew they’d go bad and I’d have to make banana bread.
It’s also a great snack for me to throw in Cason’s snack bag for the day while he’s at kindergarten. He loves it just as much as his momma does. In fact, he makes this banana bread with me each week so he probably has the recipe memorized as well.
What I love about this version of banana bread is there really aren’t a lot of ingredients. So many people now add greek yogurt or applesauce to the batter to make sure it’s “moist.” But honestly, you don’t need either of those. This recipe just has coconut oil and maple syrup for a sweetener. It is perfectly sweet and incredibly moist!
This recipe is versatile enough that if you’d like to add nuts or chocolate chip to amp it up a bit you totally could.
On a side note, usually I make this recipe without either of those. But whenever my dad stops over he wants a slice, and EVERY time he says. “You know what would make this better? Chocolate Chips.” Doesn’t fail. Clearly he is a chocoholic! I did tell you I get my sweet tooth from my dad and this is case in point, never enough chocolate for that guy. 🙂
So why is this the best banana bread you’ll ever have?
Well, in my opinion this bread is banana forward. Meaning, you taste the banana first. It’s not oily. All of the ingredients are real food ingredients, no extra added ingredients. It is refined sugar free and you get a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg in every bite. But most of all this bread is seriously so moist. I guarantee you’ll be obsessed after the first bite.
You can totally use this recipe to make muffins as well. Which is what I do when I’m making snacks for Cason. The cooking time will obviously go down to 15-18 minutes instead of 45-50 minutes. But they are still just as delicious!
So if you’re looking for a quick easy snack to munch on during the day or a fast breakfast option this Healthy Banana Bread Recipe is it! It’s easy, flavorful and the perfect start to a new year and new you!
Bon Appetit friends! Happy Banana Bread eating!
** There are affiliate links in this post, all items I have used and believe in 100% before recommending to you!**
- Serves: 1 loaf (12 slices)
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 978 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add white whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir together and set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add mashed bananas, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and 2 eggs. Whisk together until the wet ingredients are smooth.
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients. Using a spatula stir all the ingredients together.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth out to make sure the batter is even.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Until it passes the toothpick test and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before devouring!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Banana Recipes?