This Healthy Banana Nut Bread will sweep you off your feet. Perfectly tender and moist banana bread filled with the chopped pecans, comforting spices, naturally sweetened and it’s gluten free!
If you’re a Banana Bread lover than you need to make my Double Chocolate Banana Bread and for a taste of the fall my Banana Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips.
Easy & Healthy Banana Nut Bread
Banana bread is the absolute best! It makes such a good breakfast, snack or healthy dessert, and it’s easy to make with kitchen staples. This is definitely a recipe you’ll keep on coming back to, whether it’s spring, summer, winter or fall. It’s simple, tasty and super convenient for meal prep.
The bread has the most wonderful texture – a crispy crust surrounds a pillowy soft interior. And thanks to the mushy bananas, it never comes out dry or tough. You don’t even need to taste this bread to fall in love with it – as soon as you start to smell it baking in the oven, you’ll be head over heels!
What You’ll Need
You don’t need anything fancy to make a healthy loaf of banana nut bread. Here’s the ingredient lineup:
- 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour: You can also all-purpose or whole wheat flour if you’re not gluten-free.
- Baking Soda: For fluffy bread that’s beautifully risen.
- Cinnamon: This warm spice is a must-include for any banana bread recipe!
- Nutmeg: The nuttiness of this spice goes so well with the chopped pecans in the bread.
- Salt: Just a dash.
- Bananas: Mashed. Use overripe bananas with plenty of brown spots for the best results.
- Maple Syrup: Natural sweeteners for the win!
- Coconut Oil: Melted.
- Vanilla Extract: To enhance the wonderful medley of flavors in this loaf.
- Eggs: You’ll need 2.
- Pecans: Chopped.
Shop This Recipe
How to Make Banana Nut Bread
I wasn’t kidding when I said this recipe was easy! If you follow the step-by-step instructions below, you’ll have a fresh-baked loaf of healthy banana bread on the table in no time.
Prep for Baking: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
Combine Dry Ingredients: Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a large bowl. Stir together and set aside.
Combine Wet Ingredients: Add the mashed bananas, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and 2 eggs to a medium bowl. Whisk together until combined and smooth.
Add Wet Ingredients to Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet mixture over the combined dry ingredients. Use a spatula to stir all the ingredients together.
Fold in Pecans: Next, fold in the chopped pecans.
Add Batter to Loaf Pan: Pour the banana bread mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth it out to make sure the batter is evenly dispersed.
Bake: Place the filled pan in the oven and bake your bread for 45-50 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test. Once a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, the bread is ready to go.
Let Cool: Remove your bread from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before devouring!
Tips for Success
Want your healthy banana bread to be the best it possibly can be? Of course you do! Check out these tips and tricks.
- To Measure Flour Accurately: For guaranteed precision, I recommend measuring your flour with a food scale. If you don’t have access to one, just use the spoon and level method when you fill the measuring cup – spoon the flour into the cup and then use a butter knife to level it off at the top. This helps avoid packing in too much flour.
- The Mushier, the Better: Generally, you probably don’t look at browning bananas and think, “yum.” But once you start making banana bread, that’s gonna change! Overripe bananas mean super moist and delicious homemade banana bread.
- Don’t Overmix the Batter: Once the wet and dry ingredients are just combined, take your time folding in the chopped pecans. Don’t mix too much when you add them or you’ll risk overmixing the batter, which could result in chewier bread.
- Let the Loaf Cool Before Slicing: The more you let your banana bread cool, the easier it will be to slice. Since banana bread is so moist and soft, it tends to fall apart if it’s cut while it’s still quite warm.
Can I Make This Recipe Vegan?
Absolutely! You can substitute each egg for 1/4 cup of applesauce. If you do this, add half a teaspoon of baking powder to the dry ingredients to achieve the proper texture.
How to Store Banana Bread
Completely cooled banana bread can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. Just keep it in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag with the air squeezed out. If you live in a hot and humid climate or want to store your bread for longer, you can keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’d like to warm up your bread before enjoying it, just pop it in the toaster oven until it reaches your desired temperature.
Can I Freeze This?
You sure can. To freeze this banana bread for healthy breakfasts in the future, just let it cool, wrap it in plastic wrap and seal it in a freezer-safe bag with all the air squeezed out. Before digging in, thaw it out on the counter and toast it if desired. Frozen banana bread lasts for up to 3 months.Print
Healthy Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
This Healthy Banana Nut Bread is extremely moist, naturally sweetened and gluten free. It’s perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- 2 cups 1:1 gluten free baking flour (could use all purpose or whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir together and set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add mashed bananas, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and 2 eggs. Whisk together until the wet ingredients are smooth.
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients. Using a spatula stir all the ingredients together.
- Next, fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth out to make sure the batter is even.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Until it passes the toothpick test and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before devouring!
Keywords: healthy banana bread, banana nut bread, banana bread with pecans
More Homemade Bread Recipes
There’s something so charming about a loaf of homemade bread. The following recipes are one of a kind!