No Sugar, crazy moist, loads of chocolate flavor with great banana taste. These Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins are the muffins of your dreams!
What do you do when life gives you brown bananas?
You make banana bread of course!
Or this case you make Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins!
In my opinion the second one sounds WAY better. Don’t get me wrong. I love a good banana bread recipe but adding chocolate to the mix, (quite literally) well that’s just a game changer in every way possible!
My idea for these recipe came from a video I was watching! Funny huh.
I was watching a video made by Lindsay from Pinch of Yum, she was demonstrating how to photograph an object while keeping the rule of thirds in mind as well as composition of the object and blah blah blah. It was a great video but all I could focus on was the huge store bought Chocolate Muffins she was using as a prop.
And that my friends is where this recipe was born. Sometimes I get inspiration from the FoodNetwork, sometimes from magazines, sometimes from cookbooks, and sometimes from watching a video about photography.
Ok, so let’s talk about these Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins. Shall we?
They are the moistest muffin I have made so far … hands down! Normally I will let Mike bring a couple of my baked products into work with him to share the love, but not these babies. These were all mine. Well, I would share with my husband and son too, but other than that all mine. 🙂
Can I tell you another secret about these muffins?
There is no refined sugar in them! Just honey, which adds to the moistness of these babies!
Sometimes I wish you had scratch and sniff on your computers so you could fully understand and smell the amazingness of these banana muffins.
You know the smell that fills your house when your making banana bread? Yeah, multiply that times ten then add in melty chocolate chips! So good!
They are incredibly moist from the bananas, honey, and yogurt, filled with rich chocolate flavor from the dutch processed cocoa powder and chocolate chips, yet still have that delicious banana taste that everyone loves! I really can’t describe to you enough how good these are, so I’m hoping that the pictures will make you want to make them.
Go make them. I promise you will fall in love!
Hope everyone has a Happy Memorial Day spending time with family! Hugs your way friends!
- Serves: 12 muffins
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 207 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
- 3 bananas
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1⅔ cup of white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ⅓ cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, add bananas. Using a fork mash up bananas until just very small lumps are left. Add honey, vanilla extract, greek yogurt, coconut oil, and egg.
- Using a fork mix until combined.
- Add in cocoa powder, white whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda. Using a spatula, mix until wet and dry ingredients are completely combined!
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner (or spray with pam so muffins don't stick to pan if not using liner).
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Serve
IF YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!