These Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins are the muffins of your dreams! A healthy, refined sugar free muffin recipe that’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup and bananas + loaded with chocolate.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cup of white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add bananas. Using a fork mash up bananas until just very small lumps are left. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil and egg.
- Using a fork mix until combined.
- Add in cocoa powder, white whole wheat flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Using a spatula, mix until wet and dry ingredients are completely combined!
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner (or spray with pam so muffins don’t stick to pan if not using liner).
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 62 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: banana muffins recipe, easy banana muffins, healthy banana muffins, chocolate banana muffins, banana muffin recipe, banana chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip banana muffins