Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars – a delicious easy healthy breakfast or snack option!
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars – a delicious easy healthy breakfast or snack recipe that delivers on flavor! I guarantee you’ll be making these once a week!
As I’m sitting here writing this post everything in me is screaming at the guy next to me. When he walked in and sat down next to me I thought to myself, “ahh how cute, a father daughter lunch date.”
About 2 minutes in I started to get annoyed.
His daughter, who was probably about 7 or so, sat at the table quietly staring at her fork and playing with her napkin while her dad was glued to his phone. Everything in me wanted to stop what I was doing to engage her. My heart broke for her. He stopped one time to ask her a question, then moved his attention from his phone to the TV above him. Why?
What is it with that glowing shiny screen that we can’t put it down to be intentional with other people we love. Articles, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and emails can wait!! They will still be there later. You don’t need to respond right away! What are we communicating to our kids when all we do is aimlessly scroll through our phones.
Well here’s what. That our phone is more important than they are!
Ya’ll our kids are precious. They want to be engaged. Asked questions. Loved on and made to feel special and treasured. What’s on your phone can wait. We only get a certain amount of time with our kids, friends, spouses, etc to really engage with them. Don’t waste it on your stinking phone.
Ok. Rant over!
Let’s move onto the yummies and something to wash away my extreme annoyance with that man.
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars!!!
Ya’ll the title of these alone is pumped with key words. Banana Bread √ Chocolate Chips √ Bars √
This recipe came about because I have been addicted to my friend Monique’s Banana Bread. I was searching her site, Ambitious Kitchen, and came across some banana bread bars. Soo duh… I made them and tweaked them a little bite to my liking.
These Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are healthy, super easy to make and freakin addicting. Cason helped me whip these up and when he tried them the first thing he said was “mommy these are sooo good, we need to make these again. Ok.” I guess I know what I’ll be making as an after school snack for me and him. haha
Filled with banana flavor, loaded with oatmeal and subtle hints of melted chocolate. These bars are seriously killer! Don’t miss out, make these this week!
Bon Appetit ya’ll!
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars – a delicious easy healthy breakfast or snack option that delivers on flavor! I guarantee you’ll be making these once a week!
- 3 cups regular oats (not quick oats)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and cover with parchment paper. (this will help you remove the bars more easily later)
- To a food processor add 1 1/2 cups of the regular oats. Blend until the oats become more of an oat flour or powder, about 1-2 minutes. Pour oat flour into a medium bowl with the remaining whole oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- To a large bowl, add finely mashed banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple sauce. Whisk together until combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Add oatmeal mixture to prepared 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick test comes out clean.
Recipe slightly adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: oatmeal bars, healthy oat bars, chocolate chip oatmeal bars
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Breakfast Bar Recipes?