Baked Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars – loaded with nutritious oats and naturally sweetened with bananas and maple. These baked oatmeal bars make a delicious healthy breakfast, snack or dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and cover with parchment paper. (this will help you remove the bars more easily later)
- To a medium bowl, add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- To a large bowl, add finely mashed banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple sauce. Whisk together until combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Add oatmeal mixture to prepared 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick test comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Keywords: oatmeal bars, healthy oat bars, chocolate chip oatmeal bars, baked oatmeal