Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars – a delicious easy healthy breakfast or snack option that delivers on flavor! I guarantee you’ll be making these once a week!
- 3 cups regular oats (not quick oats)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and cover with parchment paper. (this will help you remove the bars more easily later)
- To a food processor add 1 1/2 cups of the regular oats. Blend until the oats become more of an oat flour or powder, about 1-2 minutes. Pour oat flour into a medium bowl with the remaining whole oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- To a large bowl, add finely mashed banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple sauce. Whisk together until combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Add oatmeal mixture to prepared 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick test comes out clean.
Recipe slightly adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g