Fresh Andes mint flavor mixed with rich dark chocolate make this the BEST Chocolate Crackle Cookie ever and perfect for the holidays.
Around the holidays I kinda have this thing … more like obsession with Mint and Chocolate.
It all started when I was little.
My mom was a letter carrier as I was growing up and around the holidays she made out with gifts like a wet bandit.
I mean, she would come home with loads of money, gift cards, cookies, and chocolates. I guess people in Wisconsin really appreciate there letter carrier during the winter. 🙂
Every year my dad and I would fight over who would get the last of the mint meltaways or the andes candies. My brother and I my mom could care less, but my dad and are I chocolohics so holiday season was definitely our happy time especially with all the chocolate loot. 🙂
I think that is part of the reason I love to have mint and chocolate around the holidays, it just brings back all those fun memories.
The other reason is … um.. its amazing!
Mint and Chocolate just go so well together. You get the rich dark chocolate taste up front and then finish it off with a fresh mint flavor. Yum.. nothing like it.
So of course, I needed to post a mint recipe this time of year, which leads me to these Mint Dark Chocolate Crackle Cookies.
I have actually never made a Crackle Cookie before but was up for the adventure, I found a good base recipe to use on Simply Recipes and went from there.
Reduced the sugar, changed up the oil, used some really good dutch processed cocoa powder, and then added the andes mint candies.
As I endeavored on my first crackle cookie experience I was not alone, I had my trusty “helper man” Cason in the kitchen with me.
I rolled the dough into balls and he threw them in the bowl of powdered sugar. The funny thing is, when I first showed him how to roll the dough around to coat it with powdered sugar he struggled a little bit with turning it all the way around in the bowl. So of course, being the smart little cookie he is (pun intended) he put the dough ball in the bowl, picked up the bowl, and shook it back and forth. It worked WAY better than how I showed him.
The kid showed me up!
When he finished he looked at me and said, “mommy, I’m done making the snowballs” and climbed down his big stool. haha… Love it!
Moral of the story… these Mint Dark Chocolate Crackle Cookies are crazy easy to make even a two year old can do it and they are even easier to eat.
In fact they will definitely test your self-control, good luck stopping at just one cookie!Print
- 1 cup of dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of mint andes candies pieces
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- In an electric mixer with the paddle brush, mix together cocoa powder, sugar, and coconut oil until it turns to a dark gritty texture.
- Next add in eggs, one at a time followed by the vanilla extract.
- Once combined slowly add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined, next add in andes candies. Mix until just combined.
- Place dough in refrigerator and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into 1″ balls, put each ball in a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll around so that they are completely covered and then place on a baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for a minute on baking sheet then place on cooling rack to cool.
Recipe slightly adapted from Simply Recipes
Want More Cookie Recipes?
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->