Almond Snowball Cookies – a Christmas classic made with only 6 ingredients and done in 10 minutes!
Easy no bake Almond Snowball Cookies – a Christmas classic made with 6 ingredients, naturally sweetened, drizzled with chocolate and done in 10 minutes! These Snowball Cookies are a must make this holiday season!
My mom was a mail carrier when I was growing up, and back then, people would buy their mail carriers a gift for Christmas.
Now it wasn’t big elaborate gifts. She’d get things like chocolate cherry cordials, holiday popcorn buckets, Christmas cookies, mint melt aways, gift cards galore and just straight up cash. She packed in the loot during the holidays because she was delivering door to door, trudging through the snow and people got to know her. So they sent her their love and appreciation in the form of gifts!
When it came time for Christmas she’d bring out all her goodies and place them on a 3 tiered silver serving tray for everyone to grab. We’d make a few of our favorite Christmas cookies and have one awesome spread!
My dads favorite were the pecan snowball cookies and I loved the almond crescent cookies. Give me almond anything and I’ll devour it. Todays recipe is a combo of them both, say hello to Almond Snowball Cookies and holy Hannah are they good!
The best part is, they are also no bake so these healthy Christmas Cookies are done in 10 minutes! Can I get an amen!
Ok, so let’s start with the basics.
What are Snowball Cookies?
Typically Snowball Cookies are made with flour, nuts, sugar and butter. They are baked and then rolled in powdered sugar right after they are baked so the powdered sugar sticks to the cookies. They are a Christmas Classic!
How to make Snowball Cookies?
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in vanilla.
- Then add in your nuts (pecan, walnuts or almonds) along with the flour. Mix until dough forms a ball.
- Form 1″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Roll snowball cookies in powdered sugar when they come out of the oven and serve.
So that’s the classic way to make them. However, these Almond Snowball Cookies are anything but the original. After all they are NO BAKE! You’re welcome. No oven needed.
How to make healthy Snowball Cookies?
- In a bowl, mix almond flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, almond extract, vanilla bean paste and maple syrup.
- Mix until dough forms a ball. (add water if needed)
- Form 1″ balls.
- Roll almond snowball cookies in shredded coconut.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve.
How to store Snowball Cookies?
Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator so they keep their form. Bring cookies out when ready to serve.
How long do Snowball Cookies last?
These snowball cookies should last about a week if stored properly.
Y’all I am completely obsessed with these snowball cookies. The almond extract in them gives the perfect almond flavor and I’m so glad that I finished them off with a chocolate drizzle. I think it really makes them pop.
You’ll have people begging you for the recipe for sure and they’ll never guess it only took you 10 minutes to make them.
Happy Christmas cookie making. Bon Appetit friends!
Easy no bake Almond Snowball Cookies – a Christmas classic made with 6 ingredients, naturally sweetened and done in 10 minutes! These Snowball Cookies are a must make this holiday season!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut + 1/4 cup for coating
- 1/3 cups pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1-2 tablespoons of water
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- In a medium bowl add almond flour, 2 cups shredded coconut, maple syrup, almond extract and vanilla bean paste. Using a spatula mix everything together until it forms a ball. You may need to add 1-2 tablespoons of water to get desired texture. (you want to be able to roll mixture into little balls but not have it stick to your hands)
- Once the almond cookie mixture is done. Roll into 1″ balls and in remaining shredded coconut. Place on parchment paper.
- To a small bowl add dark chocolate melting wafers. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring throughout until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over the almond snowball cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: almond snowball cookies, snowball cookies, snowball cookie recipe, almond cookie recipes, gluten free recipes, paleo, healthy dessert recipe, healthy christmas cookies, easy holiday recipes, christmas cookie exchange,
Want More Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipes?