THIN MINT OREO BITES, an easy 3 ingredient Christmas treat that will be a crowd favorite this Holiday Season!
Ya’ll, hands down those are my favorite Girl Scout Cookies of all time. We would get them every year growing up. And every year my dad and I would … HAVE. IT. OUT!
I liked to eat them best frozen and then dunk them in a glass of milk! Mmmmmm….
Even though it’s not Girl Scout Cookie season it is Christmas Cookie Exchange season.
And since Thin Mints are my favorite cookies I decided to try and replicate them with these Thin Mint Oreo Bites. I think they come pretty dang close to the taste if I don’t say so myself, and honestly maybe a bit better!
My favorite part about these Oreo Bites is how easy they are to make. They literally come together in 10 minutes! All you need is a muffin tin and 3 ingredients. The success of these bites are all about the layering. It’s a layer of melted dark chocolate, mint oreo perfection, and then covered with more melted chocolate!
Ya’ll! These bites are absolutely divine. The mint oreo filling just melts in your mouth and takes you to Girl Scout Cookie Bliss in a matter of seconds.
They are definitely a must make AND no bake. So it’s such an quick recipe to whip up for a cookie exchange, to bring for your kids Christmas Party, or a yummy treat to bring for that next Holiday Party!
Plus who doesn’t like Thin Mints? Or Oreos? or CHOCOLATE?!?!
Basically it’s a no brainer.
In fact. I don’t know why you are still reading this post.
You should be getting in your car right now to head down to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients!
I made these in regular size muffin tins, but you could easily make them in the mini muffin tins to make those ingredients go a little further.
Now. Before you go all, ‘UM… these don’t look healthy’ on me. You know what. They aren’t. But they sure are Joyful!!! 🙂 You’ll see why after you take that first bite!
I hope you enjoy!
Bon Appetit sweet friends and Happy Monday!Print
- 20 mint filled oreos
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 10 oz. ghiradelli dark chocolate wafers
- sprinkles (optional)
- Add oreos and cream cheese to the food processor. Blend until smooth so there are no chunks.
- Set in refrigerator to harden up a little.
- Add cupcake liners to muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add one 10 oz bag of dark chocolate wafers into a small bowl. Heat up in 30 second increments, stirring often, until chocolate is smooth.
- Divide chocolate into the 12 cupcake liners.
- Next, pull out 1 tablespoon of the oreo mixture. Using your hands roll into a ball and then gently flatten. Place the formed oreo mixture on top of the melted chocolate in each cupcake liner.
- Now, add the remaining 10 oz bag of dark chocolate wafers into a small bowl. Heat up in 30 second increments, stirring often, until chocolate is smooth.
- Divide chocolate into the 12 cupcake liners pouring the chocolate top of the oreo mixture so it covers.
- Sprinkle with christmas sprinkles.
- Place in refrigerator to harden
Inspired by Chelsea’s Messy Apron
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!