Super Soft & Chewy Ginger Cookies packed with a punch of ginger flavor and made with a new gluten free friendly flour. These are perfect for a Christmas Cookie exchange, to hoard for yourself, or to dunk in a cup or coffee. Your choice!
Ok, I have something fun to share with you today and I seriously could not wait!
Have you ever had an “aha” moment while using a certain product?
A couple months ago I was contacted by Jovial Foods. I had purchased their products before in the grocery store but now that I know their story and the reason they created the products I am officially in love. Jovial Foods was started because the owners, Rodoflo and Carla, had a daughter who was extremely sensitive to modern wheat. As in, she was sensitive to the point where her hair would falling out, she had horrible sinus issues, asthma, and mood swings. Crazy huh? Both Rodoflo and Carla had studied agriculture and wanted to find a way to allow their family to enjoy tasty food while accommodating their daughter’s severe food sensitivities.
This is where it gets cool. Through their research they found out that the changes in plants and wheat varieties has caused the rising number of gluten intolerance. So they started diving deeper and found an ancient grain that was almost extinct called Einkorn and have based their entire company around this grain. It is pure in form and has not be altered like many modern day grains. Best of all their daughter could eat it without reactions!!! They decided to name the company “Jovial” because of the joy it brought their family to be able to eat healthy and tasty again!
Such a cool story right?
Today’s recipe is actually from new the Einkorn Cookbook that was just released! As I was looking through trying to find a recipe to test these Soft & Chewy Ginger Cookies popped right off the page to me! First, because well.. they are cookies … duh … and secondly because they sounded perfect for the holidays! They are made using the Einkorn Flour and holy yum are they good. The cookies are seriously soft and chewy (which is my dream cookie) and have an awesome ginger flavor that permeates through every bite.
I bet you money that you won’t be able to tell the difference taste wise using the Einkorn flour and I KNOW it will leave you feeling so much better than regular flour! We’ve been eating them with coffee, almost like you would biscotti! 🙂 De-lish! They will definitely be a part of our Christmas Cookie list this year!
So if you are gluten intolerant or just trying to find a healthier way to indulge on those pastries, breads, or cookies then give this Einkorn flour a go. I promise you will love it and your tummy will too!
You can buy the flour online, at the Jovial store or amazon.
You can purchase the Einkorn Cookbook for 25% off retail price! The cookbook has all kinds of recipes, from pizza dough, to pastries, cookies, pastas, and bread! I can’t wait to hear what you think and what you decide to make first!
These are perfect for a Christmas Cookie exchange, to hoard for yourself, or to dunk in a cup or coffee. Your choice!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose einkorn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar plus 3 tablespoons for dusting
- 1⁄3 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second bowl, stir together the melted butter, 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, molasses, ginger, and cinnamon. Add the egg and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until the dry ingredients are no longer visible.
- Let stand for 15 minutes to give the flour time to absorb the wet ingredients.
- Spread the remaining 3 tablespoons granulated sugar on a small plate. Roll 1 1⁄2-inch balls of dough between your hands and roll them in the sugar to dust completely.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes until the cookies have spread and are barely firm to the touch.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes,then transfer to a rack to cool completely. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Recipe from Einkorn Cookbook by Jovial Products
- Serving Size: 2 small
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 298 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 40 mg
Keywords: healthy cookies, easy cookies, healthy baking
I partnered with Jovial Foods to bring awareness to Einkorn Flour and the new cookbook released. I was compensated for my time but all opinions are 100% my own! Thank you for letting me work with brands that I love!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!