Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad an easy salad recipe that is done in 20 minutes; filled with fresh herbs, fresh vegetables, and lemon juice. Light and low calorie, perfect for the summer!
Happy Friday Folks! I hope everyone has had a great week making lots of memories during summer break! I know we are! 🙂
So, the other day I was randomly scrolling through facebook, because thats what I do when I want to do something mindless, and saw this hilarious meme that literally made me start laughing out loud.
Because it’s the story of my life that’s why! Here’s what I saw!
Can I get an amen! Chocolate is my biggest weakness! I could have eaten awesome all day but when I sit down at night all I start craving chocolate chips.
Ahhhem… did you happen to see my post from Wednesday! Mocha Chocolate Chip Avocado Brownies… case and point. Me and chocolate have a love hate relationship.
So today I am taking this meme to heart and “eating a salad!” A Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad to be exact!
Tabbouleh is a Levantine vegetarian dish that is served in the Middle East, it is typically made with just fresh tomatoes, mint, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil. Now the recipes vary a bit since it’s gotten popular in the States.
This salad is filled with quinoa, fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, lemon juice, and olive oil. Thats it! Crazy healthy, easy to make, and tastes like a dream.
If you have mad memory skills you might remember that I warned you this dish was coming in the Spice Rub Grilled Chicken Recipe a couple weeks ago. This Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad goes great with that chicken but also goes great with the Grilled Flank Steak and Avocado Chimichurri! Basically it is the bomb with any protein you can serve up and you need this in your life.
Is that enough reason to make it?
I think it is! This Tabbouleh is a necessity to have on hand and still tastes great the next day. If it dries out a bit just add a little more lemon juice and olive oil to it and it comes back to life instantly!
Seriously cannot wait to hear what you think of this dish!
P.S. you don’t have to be a master knife cutter to make this dish, I know all the vegetables look really small in the photos but the goal is to try and make the vegetables all the same size. Remember you eat with your eyes first then your stomach!
P.S.S. Go make this now!Print
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced english cucumber
- 1 cup of diced orange bell pepper
- 1 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh flat leaf parley, finely diced
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add quinoa and water to a medium saucepan, cover, and bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes until water is gone.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, use a fork to fluff.
- Add quinoa to a large bowl along with tomato, cucumber, red pepper, orange pepper, parsley, mint, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to mix everything together.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!