Glazed Honey Garlic Beer Can Chicken – the most tender and juiciest chicken recipe EVER!
Tender juicy beer can chicken glazed with a honey garlic sauce that’ll make you swoon. All made in the oven in a little over an hour. I guarantee this will be one heavenly bite!
True confessions. I’ve never made beer can chicken before. I actually had not even tried it before.
But when I received this shipment of whole chicken from Just BARE Whole Chicken I wanted to try something a little different. After all, the internet is filled with recipes on “how to make rotisserie chicken.” I KNOW you don’t need another recipe like that.
Then I thought, well what if I make it on the grill? It IS grilling season!
But I wanted you to be able to enjoy this recipe year-round, so beer can chicken in the oven it is! And ya’ll, the flavor is flippin amazing! It’s the moistest, most tender chicken you will ever have- … like EVER!!!!
Beer Can Chicken Forever!!!!
Ok, now on to the important stuff. The chicken itself. I just need to give Just BARE a shout out for the packaging on this one.
If you’ve ever made a whole chicken before, or even a turkey, you know one of the first encounters you have is how to open to the bag it comes in. Usually I take a pair of scissors to it and cut a hole then tear the rest. It’s always a mess and then I have to wash said pair of scissors because, ugh raw chicken duh!
Just BARE had a genius move here. You see that green part at the top of the packaging? (In the photo below) Well, there are two holes in the plastic. One on either side of the chicken and it says, “open here.” So naturally I did. Ya’ll, when you pull those two holes apart it opens the plastic bag in half and viola out pops the chicken.
In the words on my 5-year-old, Easy Peasy Cocka Squeezy! (Don’t ask, just go with it.)
Because Just BARE’s Whole Chicken comes prepared without the giblets and neck, there is no additional prep needed. You’re all set to season and flavor!
Ok, so now the bag is open. The next step is always reaching your hand into the cavity and pulling out the neck and giblets. Not my favorite part, in fact, usually I get kinda grossed out not knowing what I’m touching.
The ease of Just BARE chicken alone sold me. Plus, I’m officially in love with it! The brand has great packaging. The chickens are raised without antibiotics and are veggie fed. And guess what? We haven’t even gotten to the seasoning and flavors yet!
For this particular bird, I was going for a sweet, salty, and slightly spicy combo. I’ve always said cooking is all about layering flavors.
- Layer 1: I started with a spice rub and rubbed it all over the chicken.
- Layer 2: The beer can! When the chicken is roasting, some of the flavors from the beer get into the chicken, but because it’s liquid it also keeps the meat nice and moist. Meaning you don’t end up with dry chicken! Woohoo!
- Layer 3: I finish the chicken off with a simple honey garlic sauce. I glaze the chicken towards the end of the roasting process and then finish it off with the remaining sauce to add another layer of flavor.
Ya’ll. I guarantee you’ll never make whole chicken another way again. The flavor is out of this world and the chicken turned out so moist and tender. This recipe could easily be made on the grill if you’d like, just make sure the grill is on medium low heat and cook for about 2 hours. Either way, you need to make it and then prepare for a bomb of flavor and deliciousness!
I KNOW you’re going to love it! Bon Appetit ya’ll!
*** This recipe was sponsored by Just BARE Chicken. However, like always all opinions are 100% mine! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Joyful Healthy Eats. ***
- 1 Just BARE Whole Chicken (3.5 lbs.)
- 1 can of beer (pale ale or lager)
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon coarse mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pull out a baking sheet, roasting pan or Dutch oven. Open the can of beer and pour about ¼ on the dish or pan. Set the beer can in the center of the pan.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, add garlic powder, sea salt, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, and ground black pepper. Give it a quick stir to mix all the spices.
- Add the spice blend to the chicken and rub it in all over, and I mean ALL OVER.
- Gently set the chicken on top of the can of beer. The can will go into the cavity of the chicken so it looks like it's sitting down.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, add honey, garlic cloves, tamari, coarse mustard and red pepper flakes to a small bowl. Using a whisk, stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove chicken from the oven and brush ½ of the honey garlic mixture on the chicken. Roast chicken for an additional 5-10 minutes. Until internal temperature of chicken is 165 F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Brush on the remaining honey garlic sauce, slice and serve!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Chicken Recipes?