Tender juicy beer can chicken glazed with a honey garlic sauce that’ll make you swoon. All made in the oven in a little over an hour. I guarantee this will be one heavenly bite!
- 1 Just BARE Whole Chicken (3.5 lbs.)
- 1 can of beer (pale ale or lager)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon coarse mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pull out a baking sheet, roasting pan or Dutch oven. Open the can of beer and pour about 1/4 on the dish or pan. Set the beer can in the center of the pan.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, add garlic powder, sea salt, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, and ground black pepper. Give it a quick stir to mix all the spices.
- Add the spice blend to the chicken and rub it in all over, and I mean ALL OVER.
- Gently set the chicken on top of the can of beer. The can will go into the cavity of the chicken so it looks like it’s sitting down.
- Roast the chicken for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, add honey, garlic cloves, tamari, coarse mustard and red pepper flakes to a small bowl. Using a whisk, stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove chicken from the oven and brush 1/2 of the honey garlic mixture on the chicken. Roast chicken for an additional 5-10 minutes. Until internal temperature of chicken is 165 F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Brush on the remaining honey garlic sauce, slice and serve!
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 278 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 60 g
- Cholesterol: 154 mg
Keywords: beer can chicken recipe, how to make beer can chicken